eleven

ELEVEN
____

"Eee, it's Hogsmeade opening week!" Cressida screeched entering the Gryffindor common room the third week of October.

It's been a month. And before you go on and ask what I'm keeping track of—I was keeping track of the silent treatment me and Sebastian held against each other.

After the help he once gave me that one time in Charms class, I did proceed to get a good mark on it thanks to him, but the friendship never really reconcile.

Nor, the nightmares.

Nor, the memories.

Nor, anything really. It just worsen.

"If only you were that enthusiastic over our first Quidditch game this Friday." Nellie murmured, reading her book near the fireplace couch chair.

"Who are guys going against?" Natty asked, warming her hands near the fireplace after coming back from Beasts class outdoors.

"Take a wild guess, Natty." Nellie rested her head, almost sleeping on the comfortable chair.

I was informed it was a tradition to always start off quidditch season with the most competitive houses, which of course, fell into Gryffindor vs Slytherin.

As I haven't been here in the previous years, the build-up of the first game was all over the schools. Banners, tags, stickers—it was chaotic. Especially, for the boys.

"The snakes, of course." Cressida finished off.

"This is exciting," Natty said, "This would be Y/n's first game-watch."

"Y/n, a little birdy told me you've volunteered to be a cheerleader for the house team." Garreth joined the conversation with a few other Gryffindor boys.

Oblivious as I was, I furrowed my brows, "There are cheerleaders?"

Nellie groaned, "Ugh, no. Weasley is just being a stupid Weasley! They are just messing with you." She grew a middle finger at him.

Garreth smirked, "There could be! How are there scorekeepers, and bands, but no cheerleaders? Do you realize how much that would boost up our motivation to win?"

I giggled, rolling my eyes, "Sucks to suck."

"Y/n you should join me and Natty at Zonko's!" Cressida suggested, "The joke shop always offers signs and attire for the games. We all have one."

I hadn't stepped foot at Hogsmeade in months, so the offer did boost my mood quite a bit.

I smiled, "I'll love that."

"For October, this weather seems to be quite colder, don't you think?" Natty shivered, "Should've taken use of my winter robe already."

All three of us walked around the pathway toward Hogsmeade, enjoying the nature view and just speaking with each other.

Before making it to the Hogsmeade Valley pathway, I began to reminisce about my first time stepping foot here.

Sebastian never stopped talking and he was probably the best mentor I've gotten up to date on showing me around. It was an unforgettable memory.

I hated myself for rethinking back to those times, but sometimes, they just happened naturally to soothe the trauma.

"Look we should get some musical balloons to pre-game!" Cressida said happily inside the joke shop.