12| Trust Me

CHAPTER 12
enjoy:)

Monday.

I dread getting out of my bed today. Cole has been trying to get in touch with me ever since The Mavis Hundred event. I can't bring myself to face him and explain what happened that night. In fact, I can't bring myself to face anyone, but I've got to face thousands today. Today I have work.

I jog down the stairs and grab my keys. "I'm gone, dad." I hurry and say to him sitting at the table. I've almost made it out the door before he's called me back.

"Whoa young lady what's the rush? You've got awhile until you need to leave. Why don't you have some breakfast."

"Dad, I'm really not hungry right now and I need to clock in early today. See ya."

"Lia. Sit down."

"But dad-"

"Lia." He says using that strong Dad voice.

I was trying my best to avoid dads questioning. I bypassed for a whole day, but the moment i step out, I'm caught. I reluctantly grab a plate of pancakes and plop down in the chair across from dad. He looks at me with a quizzical look. "So no syrup? Just the pancake? Not even orange juice?"

I'm honestly not planning on eating this. I'm just waiting for him to lay the questions on me. "Yep."

"Okay kid I'm down beating around the bush. What happened a few days ago?" Dad had always been the one I could talk to when I was having a hard time. It doesn't matter where or what he was doing I could always call and ask for advice. Mom is the same, but her advice just doesn't seem to work as well as Dad's. I know that he hates it when I block him out, but this is just something I can't discuss with him.

"Nothing." I say while pushing the pieces of torn pancake around my plate.

"Oh really? You had a good time then? Cole seemed pretty desperate to get in contact with you but you were always...busy." He sips his coffee waiting for my pathetic excuse. What does he want me to say, huh? Yeah, The Mavis Hundred event went terribly. I may have lost my best friends and am avoiding pretty much everyone.

"It was okay. I have to go now dad." I say picking up my purse and heading out the door.

*******************************

"Hey Lia!" A voice said from behind me. Take a deep breath Lia. Yes, it's hard communicating with the human species right now, but this is your job. I turn to see Kaden. "Oh. Hey Kaden whats up?"

"Nothing much just taking a stroll around the park until Jerry returns with the cups for the slushy's. Dude takes forever." Kaden rolls his eyes in annoyance and checks his watch. "You're here earlier than usual. If I know anything about Lia Brookes is that she dreads work and tries to come as late as possible, but somehow not being late."

I chuckled "Yeah well, The Raptors needs a few tweeks and I need to be there to show the repairman where. Don't need anyone slinging out of the contraption." We laughed a bit until it was time for us to part ways.

I was on my way back to the station before Kaden called out to me. "Yeah?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Kaden jogged back up to me his locks bouncing on his head. "I forgot to ask about how the event went! Did you win anything?" Kaden asks with excitement. Suddenly I feel sick to my stomach and all the color drains from my face. "Is everything okay?" He asks worried. I clear my throat and push back the tears. "Uh. Yeah. Haha it's just that some girl got sick and kinda puked all over the stage. It wasn't a pretty sight." I force out a fake smile and laugh. 

"Oh. Okay." Kaden says suspiciously, as if he'd seen right through my lie. "Well I better go. See ya Kaden." I turn around and walk away.

------------

Cole's POV

I hadn't heard a word from Lia since the night of the event. I had my phone beside me constantly waiting for her call.. for an explanation. I don't know what happened that night everything seemed to happen so fast. At first Lia was singing like an angel on stage and then something or someone caught her eye. Then she bolted. The mic had hit the ground with a thud and the confused chatter erupted among the crowd.

"Mr. Travers?" I blinked and turned around to find Hector, my butler, standing with a confused look on his face. "Are you okay, sir? You've been spacing out for the past dew days." 

"Oh yeah, I'm fine and please stop with the sir, Hector. You've known me since I was in diapers we're practically family." I say and turn back around looking out from the balcony. "Alright, Colton, but I would say otherwise. It's about that girl isn't it?" For a man in his fifties he's sharper than ever. "And if it is?" 

"Well I would say that you should get to the bottom of this situation and find out what happened." I tangle my hand in my hair in frustration. "I tried! I called her about a million times and even went to her house. No response what so ever." 

"Well perhaps you must wait for her to come to you."

I took those words in consideration. I'l stop trying to force Lia to talk. Whenever she's ready she'll come to me. Right?

------

Lia's POV

I grabbed my bag out my locker and breathed a sigh of relief. I hadn't encountered Charlotte or Jerry all day and I couldn't be more relieved. I'm just not ready to face them yet, but I miss them so much. I wish I could confide in them, but their opinions would be biased. They wouldn't listen or understand anything I would tell them, so it's pointless. I start towards the parking lot while adjusting my strap on my bag before I collide with someone. 

I look up to see Kaden and all his handsome glory looking down at me. I open my mouth to apologize, but he shushes me with his finger to my lips. 

"Do you trust me?" He asks with his finger just barely brushing my lips now. Trust.. something that I used to throw around as if it was nothing. That's how he had caught me in his web full of sweet lies. I wondered if I could trust anyone again, but as I looked back up at Kaden, I felt as if I could trust him. 

I nod my head and he quickly grabs me by the hand. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A/N

WHOA NELLY I WAS IN SOME SERIOUS WRITERS BLOCK. 

But i'm back so hallelujah. First off, I SEE SOME CHEMISTRY AND THE BEAKERS ARE BOILING. OMG WE NEED SHIP NAMES NOW. Are you #TeamCole or #TeamKaden maybe even #TeamJerry?o-o 

I'm so excite! :D 

Well you know the dealio 

LIKE

COMMENT 

VOTE

- Bri