0002

Journee Leilani|Journ/Nene.

"Bro Mondo stop touching me

"Bro Mondo stop touching me." I said swatting his hand off me. "Ms. G can I switch partners please."

"Girl stop tryna get away from me." He said smacking his lips. "You want me g you know to you do tell her Ms. G"

"Nope." My 3rd period teacher said laughing. "Suck it up buttercup."

"You lucky you my favorite teacher cause I'd be real offended right now." I said making her and a few of my peers laugh again.

This was the only class I didn't have with everybody besides Mondo cause he had to retake it in order to graduate with Ry and them so I was beyond lonely without my people.

"30 more minutes to get these projects figured out y'all." Ms. G said.

"After today it's you and your partners responsibility to make sure it's did correctly and by the due date."

"So you coming to my house or I'm coming to yo shit for this lil project?" Mondo asked me making me look away from Ms. G.

"I was really gone do it by myself.." I said trailing off. "And just let you get your credit too type shit."

"Oh you think cause I be on the block I don't care bout my grades or sum?" He asked. "That's fucked up a lil bit Ne."

"I mean yeah?" I said. "I'm not tryna offend you or nothing but I know I did but I didn't honestly mean to."

"We been knowing each other since birth so it was never my intentions but thats usually how it go with y'all or y'all usually don't come to school period."

You would think people would be engaged in our conversation but they were too busy talking themselves to even be worried about us.

"I had a talk with my mama shorty." He said. "I'm not gone be another statistic g."

"If yo pops and nem can get away from this shit even for a lil bit me and my niggas can too. They set a standard for the block g you can't help but to try to live up to what they accomplished."

This side of Mondo actually shocked me and had speechless for once. I honestly didn't expect him to have went deep into it like this, it made me respect him for even trying.

"I'm sorry." I said feeling beyond bad for even saying what I did. "You can just come to my house".

"You ain't gotta-" He said but the bell rang which cut him off and I grabbed my things walking out the classroom.

"Bitch what's wrong with you?" Jaylee' said walking beside me in the hallway. "You usually come to my class first I had to come to you today."

"I'll tell you when we get home just know it's about you know who." I said and she immediately knew who I was talking bout.