16.

Briann Patterson-Banks|Mook

"IT'S yo fucking birthday." I said to Kirah while I was putting on her lashes. "Bitch stop blinking before I accidentally poke your eye out."

"22 on these hoes." She said looking in the mirror. "Are you gone let me pay you this time?"

"Girl no." I said making a face. "I'm not gone take the money."

"Mook this make up you did was cute as fuck." Kirah said. "I'm paying you end of story."

I rolled my eyes and moved on cause I knew she was gone pay me one way or another.

"So what's the plans for the day?" I asked seeing that it was already around 11 She had came over early so I could do her make up.

"Brunch cause I wanna include Jada cause she pregnant and all. Then we going out to shake our ass later plus the guys." She said. "Oh shoot it's already 11. Brunch at 12:30 Mook."

"I'm finna go prepare myself." She said again getting up and hugging me. "See you in a minute pooh."

"Bye ma and god babies!" Her loud ass said walking out the door.

"Girl." I said giving a small smile. 

"What's wrong with you Mook?" She said looking at me when I came to sit next to her.

I was tired of forcing a smile on my face everyday. Truth be told life was kicking my ass right now and I just wanna cry to my mama.

"I'm tired." I said not holding in my tears no more. "I'm trying of being strong ma I swear I am."

"Stop crying before you make yourself have a panic attack Briann." My mama said rubbing my back.

"I feel like I'm going crazy." I said. "I just been going through shit back to back to back. I'm still going through fucking postpartum and I'm sorry for cursing but I'm tired. I can't."

"Banks don't say can't." She said. "Look at me Briann."

"It is absolutely okay not to be okay. Let yourself have your day where you just wanna cry, it's okay." She said still rubbing my back. "God give the toughest battles do the strongest people and you my child, you stronger than you think Mook."

"I know mommy it's just- I don't know." I said feeling myself getting frustrated. "It's hard."

"You wanna start going back to therapy?" She asked and I nodded.