21: the wedding

telling everybody you're mine & i like it.

- while we're young x jhene aiko

the wedding reception in this book gone be just as fun & ghetto as it can be LMFAOOOOOO if you been to a black wedding then you know. the reception & the food be the best part literally 😂😂😂.
_________

Briann Patterson-Banks|Mook.

Today was finally the day I was gone be Mrs

Today was finally the day I was gone be Mrs. Bennett. Well, Banks-Bennett. After we celebrated our kids birthdays we decided to rush plan our wedding & according to my mama everything was, perfect.

"You nervous?" Kirah asked me and I nodded.

"It's that obvious?" I asked. "What if he think I look ugly?"

I can't lie I was in between a nervous mess and my bridezilla side coming out but I just wanted the day to be perfect could you blame me?"

"Girl calm down." She said fixing my hair.

"Everything gone be fine Mook."

I looked at the kids running around and my nerves was already bad. I was gone lose it if one of them had gotten dirty and they had on all white.

"Journee, Jaylee', True, and Brielle." I said to my two 6 year old's, a now 8 year old True, and Jada's 3 year old daughter. "Can y'all sit down for me please?"

"Mommy you extra mean today." Jaylee' said going to sit down. "You need some of the green stuff daddy be having."

My eyes went wide while everybody else thought the shit was funny. I was gone curse Dayvon out for having that shit out around my babies. He knew not to smoke around them but he'll still have it out in the open like a dummy.

"Shut up don't even say nothing." Jay, my makeup artist said while he was applying my lipstick.

I pulled out my phone to text Kirah since I couldn't talk at the moment.

"Mook said." Kirah paused while reading. "Y'all ugly and she miss Von."

"It's only been a day Briann." My mama said fixing the bows on the girls hair.

"You can talk now." Jay said after spraying my face so my makeup could last."

"We together 24/7 how you mad cause I miss my man?" I asked.

"Y'all literally finna get married Mook." Jada said taking pictures of everybody. "Shut up."

After what seemed like forever I was finally ready. I was really about to get married.

"I can't believe my baby getting married." My mama said fanning her eyes. "I just wish your daddy was here to see."

"Ma please." I said not wanting to cry. "I know he  looking down happy as hell I chose the right man."