14.

"is it strange for me to say that if i were to die today there's not a thing i would change, i've lived well."

- eternal sunshine x jhene aiko

a week later

Briann Patterson-Banks|Mook.

"You ready?" Von asked me and I shook my head.

"No."

It was the day of the funeral and if I could skip it I swear I could.

"Chin up bae." He said kissing me on my forehead. "You want me to get the twins?"

"You don't gotta." I said wiping the few tears that fell. "I got it."

"Girl sit yo neck back." He said making me laugh. "Let me handle this all you gotta do is go out there and wait with everybody else."

"Okay Dayvon." I said walking out our room and into the living room with everybody else.

"How you feeling?" Niya asked me when she seen me come out the room. She was my stepsister.

"I'm straight." I simply said sitting next to my mama and laying my head on her shoulder.

"Where the twins at?" Kirah asked.

"Von getting them dressed."

"Oh God." She said. "He gone have them in all black and gym shoes."

I sat there and thought about it. "You right let me go get my kids cause black not even the funeral colors."

At the same time I was getting up Von was walking out the room with them.

"My babies y'all look so cute." I cooed grabbing Journee'.

"Told you I had this." He said. "I sent you the pictures I took of em."

"Booka!" My mama snapped.

"Huh?" He said turning around putting something behind his back.

"I just know you not getting drunk."

"Huh?"

"If you can huh you can hear boy." My mama repeated. "It's 11 in the damn morning and we got a funeral to go to- give me a shot."

"Now you talkin' my language ma." Booka said handing her a shot.

Nigga had cups and everything.. please.

"Bro what?" I said sitting next to her again. "Ghetto."

"Girl don't hate." My mama said.

"What time we supposed to be leaving?" Kirah asked.

"Whenever Durk and my grandkids get here." My mama said.

I looked at the pictures Von sent me and I went on Instagram to post the one I liked the most.