025. - i almost lose you

Start from the beginning

"Remember the first time we met? When I promised you a painting because I couldn't keep my eyes off of you," Aleksander said, eyes begged for her to remember it.

"Or do you remember the first time you stay at the little palace?"

Ravenna frowned, "I am sorry, I don't- little palace?"

"Yes, it's our home. The only safe place for Grisha," Aleksander held her hands. "Don't you remember? All the nights we held each other just so we can feel safe and escape the world."

"I'm sorry, I-" Ravenna stuttered. "I don't remember any of it. I don't even know who you are."

His face went to stone at her answer. He then turned away his face from hers when he realized that his scars might have been the cause.

It was only when Ravenna saw the tears welling on his eyes and the solemn look plastered on his face that she did not keep up the charade any longer. She burst out laughing, throwing her arms around him. Although the pain made her wince.

"I was joking, Aleks," she said, her eyes sparkling with mirth. "I remember you perfectly well. How could I forget the man I love?"

Aleksander didn't take the time to hug her tightly, relieved beyond words. He knew that Ravenna was crazy, but the thought that she might have forgotten him had been too much to bear.

As they held each other, Ravenna felt a surge of gratitude for him. She knew that he would always be there for her, through thick and thin. And she knew that she loved him more than anything in the world.

"I thought-" Aleksander pulled away and ran his fingers over the deep scars that marred his once handsome face, the scars that made him look like a monster.

Ravenna looks deeply into his eyes, "No, my love. I would never forget the most beautiful person I know, scars and all. Nothing could ever change the way I feel about you."

"I hate to admit but they make you even sexier to me," Ravenna said.

"Oh really?" Aleksander smirked as he wrapped his arm around her waist. It seemed that his ego had come back in full force. "What are you going to do about it?"

Ravenna leaned forward to find his lips with her own, unable to control herself anymore. He instantly melted into the kiss, and he felt his world right itself again the second her lips met his.

Arms were tightly wrapped around her waist and pulled her front flush into his chest. Their kisses increasingly grew more needy and hungry. Her cheeks flushed when Aleksander responded with a slip of his tongue into her mouth.

Ravenna broke away from him to plant her lips on his neck. Aleksander reply with a soft groan as she sucked hard in order to make sure that there will be marks left.

He hugged her body tighter as she sucked on the sweet spot of his. It was only when Ravenna winced that Aleksander remember she was injured. Aleksander broke away from her as if he just realized something.

"You fool," he scolded her, his voice trembling with emotion. "Why did you have to do that? Why didn't you just run and leave me be?"

Ravenna smiled weakly. "I had to save you," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I couldn't just stand by and watch you die."

"You could have been killed!" Aleksander gripped her palms with both of his hands. "You can't- You can't just-"

His breath was caught in his throat as he gasped for the right words. He tried to catch his breath, but his chest felt tight and constricted at the image conjured in front of him of her injured.

"Aleksander," Ravenna's whisper breaking him off from his nightmares.

"You cannot do this to me, my love," Aleksander turned his eyes into hers, and tears ran down his cheeks. "You cannot leave me alone in this accursed world. You shouldn't try to save me. You should have just left me alone to die if that means saving yourself."

Ravenna's eyes softened, and she reached out to brush a strand of hair away from his face. "I did it because I love you. I couldn't bear to lose you. I can't live with the thought of losing you."

"I'm selfish, I know," Ravenna chuckled.

"But if you die... if you leave me.. I wouldn't know what I would do. I-," Aleksander cupped her face gently, "If you die, you would have to face the consequences, my love."

"Because if you die, I swear I would burn the whole world down and leave nothing standing including myself."

author note

first chapter is up!! can't believe it's been 2 years already!

don't forget to vote and comment.