021. - mischief managed

Ravenna marveled at the tunnel of lights

On the upper deck, she was staring ahead at the end of the tunnel. They almost reached their destination and it was almost time to expand his fold. Ravenna glanced at Alina nervously, hoping that Aleksander won't hurt her too much.

Once they reach the other side of the Fold leading into Novokribirsk, the skiff stopped, "Why have we stopped?" one of the diplomats said.

Aleksander left Ravenna's side and turned around to speak to the diplomats, "One more demonstration. You've seen what the Sun Summoner can do. Now bear witness to what I can do... with her power."

He turned around once again to walk closer to the end of the skiff. Alina was worried about what he wanted so she pulled Ravenna closer to her. Shielding Ravenna with her body, "Whatever it is you want me to do, I won't do it."

"You've done your part. Now I shall do mine," Aleksander said as he braced himself to expand his fold. "Do take off your hands from my lover."

Ivan, who was next to Ravenna, grabbed her from Alina's grip. They saw as Aleksander began to expand the fold, engulfing the city and turning many into Volcra in the process. Ravenna couldn't look away from what was happening before her, she could hear the screams of the people running for their lives.

"What have you done?" Alina gasped at the monstrosity Aleksander had created.

She began to use her light to stop the process but Aleksander caught wind of it and stopped her, "No, you don't," he grabbed Alina's wrist, twisting it so the pain would make her stop refuting him.

"Today, we redraw all the maps. With the power of the Sun Summoner at my command, I control the Fold. And its monsters. I can move it to any border I like. Engulf any harbor. Consume any city. Take what you have seen back to your home countries. Tell the Fjerdans. Tell the Shu Han. There will be no more war with Ravka. All countries will answer to us," he announced to the entire skiff.

Ravenna saw Alina was in pain so she tore herself out of Ivan's grip to help Alina stand up.

"For who would oppose us now?" Aleksander continued.

Just as Aleksander spoke those words, Ravenna and Alina saw Mal walking from behind the deck with a gun. He shot the oprichnik that was on his way whilst Aleksander just stared at him irritatedly. Before he could take a shot on Aleksander, Mal was stopped by Ivan.

Alina turned her attention towards Ravenna who watched the scene before her with tears down her cheeks, "Use your power on him, Venna. He's killing people."

"If I use my power or help anything, he'll kill Mal and hurt me, Alina, " Ravenna choked on her own tears.

"And I will," Aleksander cut her off, holding her right shoulder. "So, focus, Alina. Put your attention on the light that's keeping us all safe, or Ravenna will get hurt," he continued as he noticed the tunnel of light started to diminish.