016. - dark, handsome, mysterious

Ravenna was uncomfortable

Ravenna and Alina were squeezed inside the carriage's box. It was a very tight-fit space. Alina lay flat on her back while Ravenna was lying on top of Alina with her head facing Alina's legs. Ravenna couldn't help but think that they were in a bit of a compromising position, it literally looked like they were doing the 69.

They haven't really talked as Ravenna felt uncomfortable being squeezed in the box and they needed to save oxygen. At least that was what Ravenna told Alina, the truth was she was just trying to process everything.

Alina, who noticed the carriage stopped moving, tried to open the lid of the box but it was locked.

"What are we gonna do now?" Ravenna whispered.

"I got an idea."

Alina pulled a magnifying glass and used her sun power to heat the key lock so it would be easier to pop open. Once she was done, she took out a scissor and jammed it on the lock before pushing it off. She opened the lid and saw three unfamiliar people waiting for her.

Ravenna, who turned over her shoulder to look at what was going, blushed in embarrassment when she saw that the trio was looking at her butt near Alina's head. That was probably the most embarrassing moment of her life.

She got down from the box first then she held out a hand to help Alina. She observed the trio in front of her only to notice that the two of them were the suspicious guards from the Winter Fete. She got to admit that the man with the cane looked fine as hell. Dark, dangerous, and mysterious, totally her type. Though she had to say that Aleksander pulled off that kind of look better.

"We don't want any trouble," the man with a hat said.

"Neither do we, so we'll just be on our way," Alina said with her hand extended out to protect Ravenna.

They moved to walk away but a cane stopped them, "Clearly, you want out of east Ravka. But we can help you," the man with the hat said once again. "We have a secure route through the Fold."

"We prefer to travel alone" Ravenna quipped up from behind Alina's arm.

"Don't be rash. You stick with us, everybody gets what they want."

Ravenna just rolled her eyes, "Look, Mad Hatter. I understand that you're trying to seduce us with Mister Dark and Handsome over there," she said while pointing at the man with the cane. "But we're not going to be anyone's captive, so step aside and let us pass."

"I'm afraid we can't let that happen," the man with the cane finally spoke up.

"Bitchhh, I have no problem crippling your other le-"

Alina cut Ravenna off by blinding the trio. The two men cowered in fear of getting attacked while the woman just bowed at her and let them go. Ravenna pulled Alina in the direction of the civilization, hoping that they would lose the trio in the crowd.