𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒 ~ 𝐼𝑛 𝑊ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑢𝑠 𝐼𝑠 𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑

TW// cussing, manipulation mentions
I think that's all?

Theseus's POV

I laid still, watching the sun rise from outside of the window. I hadn't slept one minute. I'm not too sure why, I just hadn't. I figured that maybe it was because I've slept so much during the past week, but it may also be because just as I was about to fall asleep, I came to the realization that Dream is probably gonna come and get me.

So that's where I am now.

Tired and absentmindedly walking down the halls.

I'm pretty alright, though. I'm sort of used to not getting much sleep sometimes.

I was stressing the fuck out about Dream, though. I felt as if I should warn Blade that Dream is going to come, and even possibly make another attack to get me back, but I was worried to do so, for some reason.

I walked past a large door that was open just a few inches. I could hear talking from the inside. I slowly opened the door and spotted Blade, Philza, and Wilbur on the inside. It seemed to be some sort of office, but I wasn't sure.

"Oh, hey, Theseus." Wilbur threw up his hand, waving. I copied the motion. "You good?" Philza asked. I nodded, popping my fingers and wrists. "Quit. I hate that noise." Blade said, shaking his head.

I stopped half way through twisting my wrist in a way it definitely wasn't supposed to twist, and put my arms to my sides, looking around.

The three of them were sitting doing...something. Wilbur was in the floor on his back with his legs against the desk, reading through some papers. Blade was sitting on the other side of the desk in the floor, but he was sitting up with his back against the desk. Philza was just sitting at the desk normally in a chair.

"What...are you doing?" I asked. The three looked over at me and then back to their papers nearly in sync. "Work." Blade replied. I nodded. "What kind of work?" He glanced at me again. "Paperwork."

I huffed, stuffing my hands into my pockets.

"We got some papers in the mail. They're in a code and we're trying to decipher them. We've all got the same paper, we just copied it so we could all look at it at once." Philza said, giving me a valid answer. "Oh, I'm pretty good at code words. Can I take a look?" I asked. "Uhhh...sure..?"

I walked over and Philza handed me his paper. I scanned over it for a moment. Some words were kind of obvious as to what they were code for, but others were a bit difficult.

When I realized what it was, I tried not to laugh. I slapped my hand over my mouth.

"What?" Wilbur tilted his head. "This...wasn't meant to come here. Something got messed up in mailing." I snorted. "Well what is it?" Philza asked. "Looks like a fuckin' love letter. Not directed to any of you, though. I dunno the name."

"Ah." Philza hummed. I shook my head. "Can't believe you lot were stressin' over a love note. And why would someone write a love note in code?" I sat the paper back down, and went to walk away.

"How did you learn to decipher code words?" Philza asked. I paused, turning back around to face him. I shrugged. "Eh. You learn stuff when you practically live with Dream. Y'know how it is."

They did not know how it is.

I exhaled, popping up on my ties for a moment.

"You just- you learn stuff. Got to if you wanna get by." I said. Philza nodded slightly, crumpling up the love letter. Wilbur and Blade did the same, tossing them into the trash.

"I'm gonna- uh- go walk around some." I said, turning on my heels and walking out of the room. I closed the door behind be and began walking down the hall, a sick pit growing in my stomach.

That letter.

It wasn't a love note.

It was a threat from Dream.

Decoded, it said this:

"Dear Theseus, I know you're alive. It's not that easy to kill you. You probably already know this, but I will be coming to get you. Some time soon. I won't attack the land, I'll just show up on my own sometime, maybe in the night or late during the day.
Also, they will be getting this letter and they probably won't be able to decode it, so if you can, you do it. If you decode this, pretend it's a love letter or something.
Don't worry, Theseus, I'll save you from them."

His stupid manipulation. "I'll save you" bullshit.

I shivered at it.

I don't know why I actually lied to them. I could've just told them so maybe they could do something, but I didn't.

It's just stressful. Knowing he's coming for me, on top of being tired, on top of worrying about Tubbo and Ranboo, on top of wondering if that Slime guy is alright, on top of knowing I'm lying to these people...it's just a lot.

I knew that was going to be a stressful few days...weeks.

Words: 875