Firefighter picnics and bad news

Start from the beginning

"Of course I do, I'm a trained firefighter and medic, this is a firefighter picnic, what are you doing here?" He says.

"Probie! What are you doing?" Maya hears someone shout, Andy she realizes.

"I'm-" he starts but Andy cuts him off. "No, I know what you're doing, you're being rude and disrespectful to a superior. What station are you from?"

"Station 82. I'm sorry Captain, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to you, you weren't even here. I was just trying to get this woman"

"Captain Bishop" Andy cut him off again

"This woman that you have been harassing is captain Bishop."

"What? She should be the one getting reported, she's pretending to be paralyzed, that's not acceptable." He says, annoyed he's getting in trouble and still clueless.

Andy looks to Maya, wanting to know how she wants to handle this. Maya decides to speak up for herself.

"I am not faking anything, I am quadriplegic, I have no feeling or movement from the chest down, I had a muscle spasm." Maya says, even though she's told him this already.

"Really? Prove it"

"I don't have to prove anything to you, I don't owe you an explanation."

"You should really pick your story better, you can't pretend to be a fire captain and be paralyzed"

"Andy, I want to leave." Maya says, looking to her best friend. This whole interaction made her hate the fact that she couldn't move herself even more. Andy was immediately by her side.

"Where are we going?" Andy asks as she grabs the push handles of Maya's chair.

"To find the captain of 82, then maybe chief Ross." Maya says, making Andy smile.

They found where 82 was set up but unfortunately ran into someone else before they found the captain.

"What are you doing here?" Maya asks coldly as she sees Beckett, in uniform.

"Bishop, still milking it from that little crash I see. You should really get over that, it's been what, 6 months?" Beckett says, cocky as always

"I should get over it? That little crash? You mean that night 6 months and 5 days ago when you chose to ignore information on field conditions and make decisions with no information to protect your ego resulting in the crash that broke my spine in multiple places? I know exactly when that was because that is the night that my spinal cord was severed, that my neck was broken. I am a C5 quadriplegic, do you have any idea what that means? Because I do, I know far too well how that means I can't feel or move anything from my chest down, my hands and wrists are paralyzed. I rely on other people to do everything for me because I can't do it myself and this is permanent. So no, I'm not going to 'get over it'" Maya says, fuming.

Beckett lost the smirk as she talked at least, when she stopped he didn't say anything, just stood there staring at her.

"Andy can you please take me to Carina now, I need to leave" she says, looking back at her friend.

"Of course" Andy says, moving them away from Beckett before pulling out her phone and calling Carina, telling her to meet them at their car.

"Will you talk to the captain for me? Or maybe just chief Ross." Maya asks while their waiting for Carina by the car. "I don't want to talk about it anymore and I need to go lay down."

"I'll talk to both of them about everything."

"And the guy was harassing Carina too when we got here, for parking."