I ignore it for now, stapling the paperwork together and placing my phone facedown on the desk.

"I just saw a man's insides, his actual intestines. Sliced side to side," Samual walks up to me in awe, referring to a patient that is now heading up for surgery. He has a very slim chance of surviving, but our surgeons are going to attempt it.

"Mhm," I hum. He seems to be easily entertained. He's really interested in our patients and their healing process, which is nice to see. Most that work here don't give a shit until they hear of the repercussions of not taking their job seriously. "Give these to the patient in bay five, then meet back with me. I'm going to print off the paperwork for the patient from surgery," he nods at my words, rushing to do as I say.

I walk back to the nurses station, going through the same tedious task I have been doing all day. Samual has done most of the work for me, I've just been handling everything on the back end. My back is turned to the front door, but a loud voice causes me to look back.

"Not a damn one of you inexperienced mother fuckers better touch me, or so help me- Star! Thank all that is fucking holy, get these delinquents off of me!" Cameron's yells, being rolled in on a stretcher with three medical staff trying to tend to him.

"What the hell happened?" I rush over, helping them pull the stretcher into an open room.

"You know, I just missed you," he says sarcastically. "I was fucking stabbed! Stupid, son of a bitch," he whines out, lifting his bloody shirt to show me his 'stab' wound. He has been cut, not stabbed. About six inches long, not seeming too deep.

"Shut your crying," I scold him. "I've got it," I wave my hand at the others, closing the curtain. "How did you get cut?"

"I was stabbed," he emphasizes, causing me to roll my eyes. "We were doing a deal and they tried to kill me," he dramatically claims.

"Who is 'we'?" I ask for clarity.

He stops his whining, his face going blank. "You're worried about the twins when I am the one in your emergency department?"

"Yes, Cameron, I am," I snort, getting the items together that I need to numb his skin and give him some stitches.

"They weren't with us," he grumbles.

The curtain opens and in walks Matt with a shit eating grin on his face, staring at Cameron. "You're a pussy, you know that?" Matt laughs.

"Shut the fuck up," Cameron flicks him off.

"Did he tell you what happened?" Matt asks.

"He said they tried to kill him, whoever they may be," I shrug, telling Cameron that I'm about to put the lidocaine around his cut.

"No," Matt starts laughing again. "He was opening the box of coke and tried to look cool, pulling the knife away quickly and he slashed his own stomach."

"It didn't happen exactly like that," Cameron groans as I giggle, beginning to suture his cut.

The curtains open once more, Samuel walking in with a smile. "There you are, Star! I've been looking for you," he shuts the curtains behind him.

I watch as Matt and Cameron's faces both harden, glaring at the stranger. "Who the fuck is this scrub?" Cameron asks.

"Be nice," I muse. "He's a trainee. Samuel, these are the Don's closest members," I do my best to vaguely warn him not to say anything that will jeopardize his life.

"Oh, shit, I mean- nice to meet you," he stammers.

"And this is Star, the Don's girlfriend," Matt smiles. I raise my eyebrows at him, wondering why he felt the need to announce it.

"I did not know that," Samuel smiles cooly. "I thought you were dating some guy named Jeremy, he was calling your phone when I went to the nurses station to look for you."

I take a deep breath, keeping my eyes on the stitch that I'm doing.

"Oh, really?" Cameron pesters. "Go get her phone for me, Sammy," he demands. I glance at him at the nickname, ignoring his grin.

"You're not getting my phone," I state. Samuel ignores me, walking out of the room to grab it for them.

"The fuck is Jeremy calling you for, Star?" Matt asks, snatching my phone from Sam's hands when he walks back in. I finish with the stitches, covering it with gauze before standing back to my feet.

"I don't know, Matt, but I'm sure you're going to find out," I roll my eyes. I know better than to argue with the four of them. Going with the flow is always the best option.

I glare at Samuel, who's face is red. He seems nervous for the first time since I have met him.

Matt presses Jeremy's missed call, putting it on speaker as it rings.

"Scarlett?" Jeremy's smooth voice emits through the room.

"Try again," Matt barks back, his voice full of annoyance. "The fuck you calling Star's phone for, Jeremy? You didn't get the hint when we saw you in the restaurant?"

It's silent for a moment before Jeremy speaks again "I'm a grown man, she's a grown woman. She could've easily blocked my number, but she didn't," his voice is calm and collected the same way it was the night we went out. "Now- why don't you be a good little bitch and give her the phone? I miss her voice," Jeremy eggs on, looking for a fight between Matt.

"You're playing a dangerous game, Johnson. You'll be hearing from us soon, that's a promise," Matt hangs up. "Block his number, Scarlett," he demands, handing me my phone. "And you-" he grabs Sam's scrub top, "-stay out of people's business, fuck is wrong with you."

"Yes, sir," Sam mumbles, straightening up his top once Matt legs go.

I wonder why there is so much animosity between Jeremy, Matt, and Cameron. I haven't heard of a reasoning behind it, other than the difference in the mafias that they work for. I guess that in itself should be enough.

"Get the bitch boy an oxy and his discharge papers," Matt pushes Sam out of the room.

"Why're you being so hostile?" I question, cleaning up the mess from the suture kit.

"Cause why the fuck was he looking at your phone to begin with?" Cameron pipes in, obviously on the same wavelength that Matt is.

"It was probably just vibrating and he saw it, I don't see what the big deal is," I shrug.

"You don't even have a password on your phone, Star. You're really careless, you know that?" Matt accuses.

"Okay, Matt, I didn't know I need a lesson on having a password on my phone," our bicker is ended by him rolling his eyes.

"You feel better, crybaby?" I ask Cameron as he takes the pill Sam brought him.

"Much," he confirms. I go over the instructions with him, telling him that I'll take the stitches out in a week or so.

We say our goodbyes and they leave, not before giving Sam a few more dirty glances.

"Well, aren't they just the nicest," he comments as we walk back to the nurses station.

I glance towards him, studying him as much as I can. "They're right, you has no business looking at my phone or saying something in front of them," he responds with an apology as I sit down at the desk, staring at where my phone once was.

Maybe they were right. There's no way he saw the incoming call. I had placed my phone face down.