Chapter XIX - WALKING DEAD

You walked through the hallway, entering the same room with doors. What was the way to the room with the organ again...?

You sighed, letting pink mist envelop you. It led you to the room once more, as you were met with Gray.

"I take it you've made your decision, child?" Gray said, looking at you blankly. You nodded. "I'll go through your test," you said.

"Let's go," you stated. "Very well then. Come with me," Gray said, walking ahead of you. The two of you passed next to Zack, and instinctively, you walked beside him, as if blocking any sort of possible threat.

"Relax; I have no intention of hurting Zack," Gray said, walking towards the elevator ahead. You narrowed your eyes and sighed.

You entered the elevator with Gray, pink mist and a sweet scent enveloping you. "You still are using your illusions, aren't you," you murmured, [e/c] hues blank with a dim, pink glow.

"You're perceptive," Gray said. "How is the church? I never got to see you again after I was brought here." you asked.

You knew Gray happily visited some children who went to a church. He often saw their growth, and grew a bit close to them.

"Same as usual," was all Gray responded. You crossed your arms, and then heard a ring from the elevator

You walked out, but saw a familiar steel room. "This isn't...B5. This is B3," you said. "I know. We're going floor by floor so I can test you. Each floor in this asylum has its own mechanism. You need to fix these mechanisms to get this sanctuary back running," Gray said.

"Right now, all I need you is to flick a switch. Turn it on to get the electricity running. That's all," Gray said.

Simple enough.

"Sure," you nodded. "I'll be back in a bit then."

You walked through the prison cells, seeing walking undead and rotten skin of humans around.

It made you want to puke.

You took out your gun, pulling the trigger. The noise produced by the trigger was enough to shatter them. "May you rest in peace and pieces," you muttered, walking away, hands on your ears as you lowered them once the noise settled.

You felt hands on your face, and you turned around quickly, seeing Cathy. "I thought you were dead," you spat.

"I am, but oh am I glad you've returned, Y/N," she said. You walked away in disgust, reaching the flip switch needed to turn on the power.

Cathy smirked, placing her hands on your shoulders as electricity coursed through you. "Fuck!" you screamed as the pain coursed through your body.

"Dear me, what foul language," Gray murmured, as he turned a page in his book, hearing your distant screaming.

You pushed Cathy away with your remaining strength, as the pain came to a stop. "Damn you," you whispered, your voice hoarse and breaths ragged.

"Thank you for your visit~" Cathy said, disappearing again. I'll kill you...

You walked back, a glare on your face as you made your way back. "Hey, old man, you never said the wandering dead guardians would show their damned faces again," you said, clearing your throat.

"I presume you turned on the mechanism?" Gray asked. "If I may ask, did you encounter any obstacles?"

"Walking undead. I shot them down. I didn't wish to, but there was no way to communicate with them coherently, and they would only attack me if I got close," you said.

"I see. Allow us to go down to the next floor then," Gray said, leading you back into the elevator. You nodded weakly, falling down as soon as you walked inside.

"Rest as much as you need. I'll wake you once we're there," Gray said, as you fell asleep.

How gentle.