Chapter XVIII - FRAGILITY

A/N: that sweet smile before he collapsed was so cute qmq my poor boy zack

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Abraham Gray?" you asked.

"The very same," Gray replied, his soft tone not having changed a bit. "It's been such a long time.." you murmured. "I suppose I know why," he replied.

"What do you...mean?" you said. "I know why we haven't met in a while, and why you are here," he responded.

"Then tell me why," you stated firmly. "Ah, but first, weren't you looking for something to stop Zack's bleeding? A hemorrhagic, perhaps?" Gray asked.

"Astute as ever, Gray," you said. "I am."

"Then allow me to offer a trade," he said. "As you can see, this is clearly no hospital of sorts; you would find no medicine or treatment here. But I suppose we both know that Danny's floor may have some medicine. He is a doctor after all."

"Your point being?" you said. "Straight to the point as always I see. I'll let you go down the elevator to retrieve some medicine for your dear Zack, and in return, I'll test you, and once we return here, I'll let you in on why you're here. Is that alright with you, Y/N?" Gray stated.

"Give me a while to think about it," you replied. "Of course. Return here once you've made up your mind," Gray said, closing his bible.

You stayed a while in the colorful room. It was peaceful, you could say, knowing that this man you knew wouldn't kill you. For the moment, at least.

You felt a small gut feeling that you should probably check in on Zack, and you pondered on whether you should yet or not.

You decided to visit, though, because you knew he was probably awake by now. "I'll be back in a bit, Gray. Hope I don't make you wait long," you said. The man nodded, looking at the organ.

He sighed, as he watched you run off. A sinner you were, but a kind-hearted one at that.

You then returned, seeing a trail of blood which you knew was from Zack. You saw him trying to stand, and you immediately ran towards him.

"What are you thinking?! Sit your ass back down!" you said. "And where the fuck were you!?" Zack said, sitting back down, looking at you with a glare, but with a hint of softness.

"I was off looking for something to help stop your bleeding," you said. 

"I'm not going to die from this, Y/N. I'm built as a monstrosity. Nothing in this world can kill me. Only death itself can take my life," Zack muttered.

"Yeah, but you'll die soon enough, regardless of how strong you are! Blood loss will kill you anyway!" you said. "I'm going back down, okay? Wait here, and don't exert force," you said.

"Wait!" Zack said, taking a hold of your arm. You looked back at him in surprise. 

"If you're going down, make sure to go to B6 too. There's a knife there I want you to go get for me. If you remember where I killed the little bird and broke the wooden planks, go in there, and you'll find my room."

You nodded. "I will."

"Just get the knife. That's it. I'll...go..rest now.." Zack said, before going into a peaceful resting state, his chest slowly rising and falling in a constant, paced rhythm.

Okay, maybe you had gotten a little attached to this..crazy man. He was caring, to a degree, and you did love his smile and laugh, even if it was a little crazy. Seems Cathy wasn't wrong when she said you were a fool in love.

And a fool you truly were to ever love him.