Snow Day!

Harry sat on the couch with Ron and Hermione. They were trying to warm up with the fire after being outside for the last few hours. They were laughing and joking. Hermione had opened a book as Ron and Harry continued their conversation. Harry noticing laming red hair as Ginny walked in. He hadn't seen her all day, as she had been hanging out with Luna and Neville and he had been hanging out with Ron and Hermione. 

   "Give me a minute, Ron." 

   Harry got up and walked over to his girlfriend. When she saw him, her face brightened as a grin was plastered on her face. 

   "Hi, Harry!" 

   "How was your day with Luna and Neville?" Harry asked. 

   "Good. We had a lot of fun." Ginny replied. "I'm pretty sure they like each other, but I don't think either of them have even realized it yet." 

   "There was a time that was me." 

   Ginny laughed. "How was your day?" 

   "It was fun. Ron, Hermione, and I played in the snow." 

   "Is that why you're shivering?" 

   "It was cold. 

   "Awe, Harry." 

   Ginny hugged Harry, moving her fingers in his messy hair. But she pulled away, feeling goosebumps across her arms. 

   "You are cold." 

   "I told you." 

"Did you have fun?" Ginny asked. "Playing in the snow?" 

"Yeah, I did." Harry replied. "It was a nice way to blow off some steam and hang with my best friends." 

Ginny moved her hand through her hair. "I don't remember the last time I played in the snow." 

"There's still daylight left." Harry held his hand out. 

Smiling, Ginny took his hand. 

Harry looked back at Ron, who nodded, and then the couple left. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Harry threw a snowball, which hit Ginny in the chest. She balled up some snow as she threw the snowball. Harry tried to dodge it, but the snow hit his arm. They threw several snowballs as they ran around the courtyard in their winter clothing. They laughed and chased and joked and dodged. 

   "Missed me!" Called Ginny. 

   "I got you this time!" Harry assured. 

   Harry ran after her as she ran away from him. He grabbed her from behind and lifted her as she kicked her legs like a little kid, squirming in his arms. She elbowed him, causing him to groan, letting go of her. She fell into a pile of snow and quickly got to her feet as she continued running. 

   "You'll pay for that one, Ginerva Weasley!" 

   "Come and get me, Harry Potter!" 

   Harry threw another snowball, hitting her in the chest. She created her own snowball, and threw it with force, hitting his face. She gasped and ran through the piles of snow and over to her boyfriend. 

   "Are you okay?" 

   "Yeah, that just shocked me." 

   "Let me help you." 

    Ginny held her hand out as Harry grabbed it. But as Ginny was about to help him to his feet, but he ended up pulling her down, landing in the snow pile next to him. They both laughed as they laid in the snow, staring up at the sky. 

   "You threw me in the snow." Ginny commented. 

   "You threw me in the snow first." Harry pointed out. 

   "It was an accident!" 

   "Nothing with you is ever an accident." 

   Ginny chuckled. "Shut up." 

    Harry got to his feet and dusted the snow off his clothing. Then he helped Ginny up as she dusted the snow off, as the two faced one another. Snowflakes began falling from the sky again. They looked up at the falling snow and smiled as they locked eyes. Ginny cupped his face with her hands and pulled him in for a kiss as Harry wrapped his arms around her waist.