Rainy Day!

Ginny left the Girls Dormitory and walked into the common room. Her flaming red hair swayed in a ponytail. She was heading to the courtyard, where she is meeting Luna. 

   "Ginny!" 

   Ginny turned around and saw Harry running towards her. She smiled as she felt her heart futtered at the sight of him. 

   "Hey." 

   "Where are you heading?" Harry asked. 

   "To the courtyard." Ginny replied. "I have plans with Luna." 

   "I have plans with Ron." Harry told her. "I just wanted to let you know that Quidditch practice will probably be cancelled today." 

   "Why?" Ginny asked. 

   "It's pouring rain outside." Harry replied. "It probably will be all day." 

   Ginny sighed. "Alright." 

   "We'll just reschedule, Gin." 

   Ginny nodded. "I have to find where Luna is, then." 

   "You don't think she'd be out in the rain, do you?" 

   Ginny cocked her head to the side. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Ginny and Harry ran to the window that led to the courtyard and saw Luna. She was walking around as rain poured down on her. She walked back and forth, her long blond hair along her back. Without thinking, Ginny walked outside, letting the rain drop on her, as she made her way to her best friend. Sighing, Harry ran after her. 

   "Luna, it's pouring." 

   "I love the rain!" 

   Luna was grinning. She twirled around a few times as Ginny laughed. She took off her jacket and placed it around Luna's shoulders. They smiled at each other. 

   "You'll catch a cold." Ginny told her. 

   "I am rather cold." Luna agreed. "But we agreed to meet here." 

   Ginny nodded. "I know, and I love how you waited here for me." 

   "Anything for you, Ginny." Luna told her. "I'm also hungry." 

   "Go get breakfast. Eat and warm up." Ginny told her. "We'll meet up outside the Great Hall afterwards." 

   Luna hugged her, causing Ginny to smile. Then she ran back inside as Ginny turned to face her boyfriend. 

   "That was sweet." Harry told her. 

   Ginny shrugged. 

   "Aren't you cold?" Harry asked. "She still has your jacket." 

   "I'm fine." Ginny replied. "We'll be heading inside in a minute." 

   "I would give you my jacket." Harry told her. "But I know you're a feminist and all." 

   Ginny laughed. "I can handle a little rain." 

   "Yes, you can.... You're a remarkable woman." 

   Ginny smirked. "I know." 

   Harry laughed. 

   "You're pretty remarkable too." Ginny told him. "The most remarkable guy I have ever met.... And it's not because you're the boy who lived or the chosen one. It's because you're just.... You. The boy who saved my life, and several others, and Hogwarts, just because he cared." 

   "You helped last year." Harry told her. "We couldn't have done it without you." 

   "That's sweet of you to say." 

   "Just stating facts." 

   Ginny smiled at him as he returned it. He picked her up and spun her around as they both laughed. After a few spins, Harry gently placed Ginny down, their faces inches apart. They stared closely into one another's eyes. Soon, their lips touched. The soft and gentle kiss soon turned more passionate. The rain began pouring even harder. The two laughed as they pulled apart. 

   "We should probably get inside and out of this rain." Harry suggested. 

   Ginny nodded. "That's probably a good idea." 

    Harry took Ginny's hand as they ran inside, still laughing and soaking wet. Once inside, they headed for the Great Hall, still holding hands.