chapter one hundred and sixteen

Start from the beginning

"Actually, I think you've been the most confident with me since the beginning. You were different with Jaemin and he told me how shy you were with Jeno. Don't you dare bring up me with Jaemin. I've already been reminded this month."

Haechan laughs again, making Mark smile at the sound and joyous expression on his face. "You're so cute. And, at least, you made Jeno panic."

"It's honestly not that hard", Mark says, trying not to laugh himself.

Haechan smiles and brings Marks face into his hands. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Mark leans in to close the distance, the pace just as slow as before 'cause it's all they need as they express the words their hearts are saying through their lips.

I love you a lot

I love you, I love you

Nina wakes up, tightly pressed against her best friend, Laces face hidden in her shoulder. She smiles, finding them adorable and then does her best to gently pry herself out of her friends arms. She giggles when Laces arms tighten around her instead.

"Lace", she whispers. "Lace!"

"Hm?" Lace mumbles sleepily, not hiding their annoyance.

"Lace, can you please let go of me?"

"Why?"

"So I can go to the bathroom. I won't be long."

"Fine", Lace says, removing their arms. "But hurry up, you know I can't sleep without my teddy bear."

"I know." Nina kisses their head to make them feel better, happy that her friend smiles from the contact.

When she comes back, she finds Lace on their phone, eyes barely open. At the sight of Nina, they place their phone down and open their arms for the girl. Nina cuddles up against Lace and locks her arms around them. Lace snuggles into Nina, bringing them as close as possible and then relaxes.

"My mom took another picture of us while we were sleeping. She sent it to Chenle and Jisung and apparently they started screaming."

"They seem like the type of people who would do that."

"They seem nice."

"They are. So far, they're the best. They don't treat me like the other families did."

"Good. You deserve the best."

"Thank you. You too."

Lace hums in acknowledgement, going quiet, letting Nina know they're sleepy. "I love you", they mumble a moment later.

"I love you too."

"Oh, and good morning. I think."

"It's, like, eight thirty."

"Then it is morning and too early."

"You know, some people start their day before now?"

"Yep. I will never be one of them." Nina laughs and holds her best friend tighter, feeling the ease flow through her body from seeing them. "Oh." Lace shifts so they can kiss Ninas cheek. "That's for the forehead kiss and just because. Now I'm gonna go back to sleep. Stay here."

"Don't worry, I will."

Ten

Ten
What the hell are you doing?

Jaehyun
????