misty

Changbin had woken up a bit late for his classes and cursed, springing out of bed and rushing around to get ready before running out of his dorm. Years ago, he would have just stayed home, but he liked seeing Felix for the moments in between classes.

When he got to campus he calmed down, still thinking about Felix, wondering if the Australian noticed he wasn't there that morning. Changbin wondered if Felix was curious as to where he was. The male checked his phone again, but still saw no text from the Australian.

And maybe Changbin should have been paying more attention to where he was going instead of thinking so much about Felix, because he walked right into someone, causing them to drop their things, "shit I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

"Oh you're fine," the other said, "I should have been paying attention too, I was distracted."

Changbin helped the guy pick up his things, "Here you go."

"Thank you," The other said, "I should head to class now."

"Yeah me too," Changbin nodded.

Changbin finally found his way to class and nearly got yelled at by the teacher, but he managed to get away with saying some half assed lie that his teacher somehow bought.

The sad part about the day, was that Felix didn't even realize Changbin had been missing that morning, the younger had laughed when he said he woke up late, with a, "really?"

"Yeah," Changbin nodded.

"Oh," Jeongin nodded, "did you get yelled at?"

"No," Changbin shook his head, "I told the teacher my alarm clock fell into water and has been malfunctioning."

Jisung snorted, "what the hell?"

"It worked somehow don't ask me," Changbin shrugged.

Felix stared at the older with a soft smile still on his face from chuckling. Chan nudged him, giving him a knowing kind of look that made Felix panic, "don't."

"I think you're-"

"Please, don't," Felix asked softly, "I already...I'm not, okay?"

Chan sighed gently but nodded, "okay."

Felix sighed and glanced at Changbin, who was laughing with Hyunjin and Jeongin over something Minho had just said. The Australian furrowed his eyebrows and looked in his lap again. He hated being conflicted. All because of Changbin, too. Changbin was frustrating.

Felix decided to keep a distance from Changbin for the rest of the day, which surprisingly wasn't hard, which left him feeling conflicted by the end of the day again.

The following day had a strange atmosphere. Felix woke up, feeling a small sense of anxiety. But what was making him feel that way?

Changbin sort of felt it too when he woke up, but neither males said anything about it. The younger just got up and went to campus while Changbin decided to head to a cafe for some breakfast and coffee before heading to his classes. He had texted Felix, asking if he wanted to tag along, but Felix had declined.

Changbin was busy looking at all the food. Everything looked good and he was hungry, finally he decided and paid for his breakfast sandwich and went to sit and wait for his order.

"Oh hey," Changbin turned around to see the guy from the day before, "it's you."

"Yeah, hey," Changbin chuckled.

"I was just heading back to campus for class, you too?" Changbin nodded in response, "let's go then."

They talked all the way back to class, the other male making Changbin laugh and vice versa. Changbin was pretty happy, it appeared he had made a new friend. The other male kept the conversation going, wasn't making awkward small talk even though he very well could have considering Changbin had ran into him the day before and that was the only interaction they had before the cafe to campus walk.