X. divorce?

vanraj :

How dare she?!
I told her a secret and she rolled it out for the world to hear!
Unacceptable!

I could feel the rage course through me.
"Gutlu! What are you even saying?!", Moti Baa snapped at me.
"The truth! I am not staying with Anupamaa anymore! I have had enough.", I stated coldly.
I noticed Rittika's look of joy.
"And neither with you. You may kindly get out.", I stated.

Her look of joy faded instantly.
"But-"
"Out!", I shouted as she stormed out of the house.
I took a step towards Anupamaa, I noticed the flicker of fear in her eyes, "And you will soon be out of my life."

"Gutlu! Behave!", Bapuji shouted at me.
"I am done with all this nonsense. Marriage, problems, love, affection, everything! I have an offer to leave for America, and guess what? I am leaving.", I stated.

Indeed, due to all the mess in life I forgot to mention how my boss had said I was inline for the next one month exchange programme for our branch in the Los Angeles. I thought I'd say a no eventually because of my family, but at this point I was done.

Everyone could go to hell.
Anyways my family was on the edge of disowning me after knowing I once had an affair so it was all pointless.
"Toshu ke Papa..", She said softly, absolutely taken aback.
"You should have thought before talking nonsense.", I stated before storming back into the room.

I shut the door behind me and I heard her knock and almost bang it.
My kids had witnessed all of this.
What would they think about their father?
They'd never respect me.

And living anywhere without respect was pointless. 
I knew it for a fact that if I divorced, Toshu would always choose me. But Samar wouldn't.
And I had no problem.
One son was enough for me, only if he respected me a teeny bit also.

I only wanted to get rid of Anupamaa. She'd make this a point to embarrass me for the rest of my life. Baa had once said, "Women never forget anything. They use those same wrongs you did and keep telling you all your life."

I picked up my blackberry and called up a lawyer I had met for some office work.
"I need divorce papers. As soon as possible."

•••

LEAP ENROUTE.