~Chapter Seventeen~

The next morning we were woken up to our alarms going off. We both got up and dressed and started packing things away, seeing as we were leaving to go back home around lunch time. Once we had that done we headed outside to meet up with Bokuto and Akaashi. The two of them were sitting against the side of the building when we came out.

"So, how was last night?" Bokuto asked. I just smiled and looked at Kenma who also had a shy smile on his face.

"So things are worked out? Are you guys a thing now?" Akaashi asked.

"Mmhm." Kenma said quietly.

"Finally! We've been waiting for the two of you to make it official!" Bokuto yelled.

"Shhh, we weren't gonna tell everyone. We're just letting people figure it out on their own, but that's not gonna work if you go blabbing about it." I laughed.

"Sorry, I'm just excited." He said.

"I know, Bo. Now let's go grab breakfast, I'm starving." I said before leading the way over to the cafeteria.

We grabbed food and sat down at our table with our friends. Daichi and Suga were already sitting down eating when we walked in.

"Morning." Sugawara said with a smile.

"Morning. You guys ready to get your ass kicked?" I teased.

"If I remember correctly it was you guys getting your asses kicked during the second half yesterday. I wouldn't be so cocky if I were you." Daichi teased.

"Hey, we're on top of our game today. Yesterday was an off day." I shrugged.

"I'll believe it when I see it." Suga said. I rolled my eyes and dumped syrup on my pancakes before starting to eat them.

~~~

When we got over to the gym for the day we got our game assignments. We had a first round BYE so we could sit and chill or watch the other teams play. Kenma and I decided to sit outside. I sat up against the building and he sat in my lap playing his video game. I decided to sit there and watch him as I had my arms wrapped around him. He was playing a pokemon game, so it was kind of interesting to watch.

When we were called back in to play, we saw we were up against Karasuno. We lined up, as usual, and got ready to play.

Kenma and I started, as usual, and pretty much dominated the court. Most of the attacks were performed by us, with the occasional set going to Taketora and some of our back row to throw them off every so often.

Of course we won in the end. What else is new? The match after that was against Fukurodani. Seeing as it was the last match between us for camp, we decided to have a little fun with it. We decided if Bokuto and Akaashi lose, the two of them would have to kiss in front of everyone. If Nekoma loses, Kenma and I would have to kiss in front of everyone and come out about us dating before the end of the camp. We all agreed to it, so it's fine.

The whistle blew and our team, specifically Taketora, sent the ball over the net. He sent it straight to Akaashi, making their setter rake the first hit. It didn't quite go as planned though. Akaashi is skilled, he received it and it was set up for a spiker to hit. That spiker was Bokuto, of course. Seeing as we weren't exactly expecting the ball to be set up from the receive, they got the first point of the game.

"What, wasn't expecting an attack so soon?" Bokuto teased.

"Shut the hell up, we'll get the next one." I said. I wasn't exactly too confident about that, but I couldn't let him know that.

With the second play of the game, Bokuto was serving. His serves are fucking wicked, major pain in the ass to receive. Luckily, we have an amazing libero on our team who picked it up quite easily.

Yaku sent the ball to Kenma with ease and he set it up for me to spike. Instead of going in for a full force attack I pulled a feint. It got over their blockers, but their back row was on top of things and received it, setting them up for another attack. I watched as Akaashi set it up for a back row attack from Bokuto, which did unfortunately make it over our blockers and landed in our court. They got a second point.

"Goddamn, Bo, you guys are on top of shit today." I said.

"Yes we are, you cats are gonna lose so bad." He laughed.

~~~

"Final score for Nekoma versus Fukurodani; twenty two - twenty five. Nekoma, punishment laps!" Our score keeper announced. Fukurodani was on top of everything today, especially Bokuto. That could be because he wanted to see Kenma and I kiss though. We did the punishment lap with the rest of our team and then stood in the middle of the court that we'd just played on.

"If you're not comfortable with this, we can tell Bo and Akaashi to fuck off, you know." I told Kenma.

"Just kiss me already, you loser." He smiled. He grabbed hold of my practice jersey and pulled me down to his level and kissed me. I could get used to this kind of thing.

"You two are way too damn cute." We heard Bokuto from a few feet away on the bench.

"Shut up, Bo." I said as I was smiling.

"Wait, hold the fuck up, did I miss a chapter?" Yaku came up to us.

"I mean, not really. We only made things official last night." I replied.

"And to think, it never would've happened if I never was teasing you about it." He laughed.

"Eh, it probably would have at some point." I said honestly.

"Yeah, just maybe a lot later, maybe when we both were in college or something." Kenma chimed into the conversation.

"I honestly doubt it, the both of you are oblivious when it comes to your feelings." Yaku said.

"Only a little bit..." Kenma said quietly.

"Well, at least things are settled now. This whole thing had both of you kind of bent out of shape for a day or two there. I'm glad things are working out." Bokuto said.

"Same. Seeing the two of you upset over it was hard." Akaashi agreed.

"Kuro, let's agree to just...talk things through fully if things like this ever happen again?"

"Agreed. We both have to work on that, and we'll work on it together. Neither of us are very good about communicating things to each other and honestly if it doesn't change it's just going to cause issues." I said. Kenma nodded.

"Alright, enough standing around, the next match is starting." We heard from the sidelines. It was Karasuno's coach who was trying to get his guys onto the court with Fukurodani. Nekoma cleared out, heading over to the other court to play against Shinzen.

~~~

After games were all finished, we looked at the final tallies for points and won matches. We were in third place, right behind Shinzen and Ubugawa. Fukurodani was behind us and Karasuno was in last place, as usual.

Once we had the final scores the teams were sent back to the dorm to start loading their things onto their buses and get ready to go back home.

"Yo, you guys get home safe, okay?" Bokuto came up to me before our teams loaded onto the buses.

"You do the same. Are you down to play League later?"

"Of course I am, I always am." He replied.

"Alright, I will message you as soon as I'm ready to hop on."

"Got it. I'll be waiting for that text." He said as he walked away. I just laughed a bit.

Kenma and I got onto the bus and headed to the very back.

It's been a wild ass fucking ride, but in the end I ended up with someone that I never thought I'd have. I'm glad he's mine though. 

~Word Count~
~1359~