~Chapter One~

I was sitting on my bed playing games on my phone out of boredom when I heard my computer ringing. Someone was calling me on Discord.

I sighed as I got out of bed and threw on my red and black headset.

"Hey, Kenma, what's up?" I answered his call.

"Hey, do you wanna play league with me?" He asked.

"That's why you called." I rolled my eyes as I opened the game.

"Well, partially."

"Partially?" I was slightly worried.

"Yeah...I need a distraction."

"Do you wanna talk about it? You know I'm always willing to listen" I asked.

"Nah, I'll be fine. I just need to be distracted, at least for now."

"Gotcha, well, I can help you there." I smiled. This happened every so often. Kenma would overthink things or get way too deep into his mind, call me, and get distracted from it for a while. Sometimes he'll wanna talk about it but most times he just wants a distraction. I'm glad he trusts me enough to come to me with these kinds of things.

We played a few rounds just bullshitting and laughing at ourselves.

"Yo, can I invite a few people to the call?" Kenma asked.

"Who?"

"Shoyo, Bokuto, and Akaashi."

"Yeah, go for it." I shrugged. I didn't care who we played with. I don't really play competitively, so if they suck it's not that big of a deal. A few minutes later, Hinata, Bokuto, and Akaashi were on the call with us.

"Hey, boys. How's it going?" I asked.

"Kuroo! Hey, what are we playing tonight?" Bokuto asked.

"League." I replied.

"Ugh, I suck at that game." Hinata whined.

"Play a few rounds, then you can choose a game." Kenma said. Hinata agreed to that and pulled up the game like the rest of us.

We played that for about an hour and then let Hinata choose a game, as promised. He decided he wanted to play a game called Town of Salem. It took a few rounds to figure out what I was actually doing, but once I got the hang of it I had fun. The game was interesting. It's based off of the Salem witch trials. So in other words, middle school history class in a computer game. The best part, in my opinion, was messing with the guys. We kept changing the names we used as well as the character skins so we couldn't tell who was who right off the bat. Once I figured out who they were I kept trying to get everyone to target them. I didn't care what their role was, I just targeted them.

We were playing for a few hours until we heard someone's mom on someone's end.

"What are you still doing awake? You have school and practice tomorrow!"

"Sorry mom! Sorry guys, I gotta hop off for the night." Hinata said with a nervous laugh. Not surprised that it was his mom that said something. He has a little sister that was probably asleep and I'm sure we were being loud as all hell.

"Later, Shoyo. I'll text you tomorrow." Kenma said his goodbyes. Hinata jumped off the call, leaving Kenma, Akaashi, Bokuto and I to talk.

"So, are we all gonna head to bed too? Or are we playing some more?" Bokuto asked.

"You guys can do what you want but I'm going to bed, it's two in the morning already." Akaashi said. He sounded tired.

"Okay, KenKen, Kuroo?"

"I'm down to stay on for a bit. I probably won't fall asleep for a while anyways." I shrugged.

"I'm gonna hop off. You two go have fun. Night guys." Kenma said.

"Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow." I said with a soft smile. Kenma then hopped off, leaving Bokuto and I alone.

"So, what do you wanna play?" He asked.

"No idea, go ahead and pick a game, I don't really care what we play. I gotta text someone real quick." I said. I grabbed my phone off my desk and pulled up Kenma's contact to text him. I just wanted to make sure he was okay since we did originally start playing games because he needed a distraction.

/#\

Kuroo; Hey, just wanted to make sure you were okay.

Kenma; I'm okay now. Thank you for being there when I needed you...again

Kuroo; Always. Message me if you need me. Night.

/#\

I'll always be there for him, day or night. He means a lot to me.

"Who the hell are you texting this late at night?" Bokuto asked with a curious tone.

"Oh, just an online friend of mine. Different time zones, so they're just getting home from school." I lied. He didn't need to know I was texting Kenma right after he jumped off the call.

"Uh-huh...anyways, I'm loading up among us. Hop on, I'll give you the game code." he said.

"Of course that's what you chose. Fine, I call the red space guy though. I never get the red guy if I'm playing with Kenma." I rolled my eyes a bit. If given the chance to pick a game, Bokuto will almost always choose among us.

We played until I was basically falling asleep sitting at my computer, which was around four in the morning. We said our goodbyes and then I headed to get the two hours of sleep that I could get.

~Word Count~
~880~