~Chapter Seven~

After practice came to an end Kenma and I started walking home together. I decided I wanted to ask about the situation earlier.

"Hey, what was that back there? With Yakkun?"

"Don't worry about it." He said.

"Well, I am worrying about it. I just want to make sure you're okay after that. I've never seen you and him get into any kind of argument. I really haven't seen you argue with anyone"

"I'm fine, he just kinda struck a nerve with what he said."

"They tease you about always being around me, don't they?"

"Yeah...they do. Almost daily. Morisuke sounded just like them when he said what he did, so it triggered me a little bit."

"Yaku has been teasing me about it for a bit now. Past few days the first thing he's said to me is along the lines of 'oh, look who you walked into school with again'. "

"Why didn't you say anything to me about it?" Kenma asked.

"I didn't realize it was bullying until you'd said something about it."

"If it bothers you, tell him. Don't let him bother you like that." Kenma said.

"I will." I nodded.

"Good..." He really was worried about me because of what Yaku said.

When we got back to our houses we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I walked inside to find my mom in the kitchen making dinner.

"Hey, I'm home." I said. I walked out to the kitchen and sat at the table after taking my shoes off and setting my school and practice bags down.

"Hey, how was school? Anything interesting happen?"

"No...not really. Practice was kind of interesting though."

"Yeah?"

"So, you know Yaku, right? Well, he's been teasing me the past few days because Kenma and I are always together. Kenma kinda snapped at him after he made a comment in front of him today at practice." I explained.

"Why is Yaku teasing you?"

"It was a joke...at least I think so. Kenma thought it was more bullying behavior because his bullies have been teasing him about the same thing and the comment Kenma snapped at was similar to something they had said to him."

"What exactly did he say?"

"Just made a comment that I decided to choose to be on a team with Kenma for a practice game we were doing."

"Okay..."She paused for a minute before stirring the noodles she had on the stove.

"There's more to it with Yaku. Yaku said something the other day and it got me thinking about shit and just..."

"What's been on your mind?" She sat down at the table with me. She was giving me her full attention. She knew I needed to get this off my mind.

"How would you react if I told you I thought I was gay?"

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised."

"What would you say if I said the reason I was questioning it was because I think I might be in love with Kenma?"

"Again, I wouldn't be surprised. If I'm being honest, I was expecting this conversation to happen sooner, like in middle school. I'm glad you were comfortable enough to come to me and open up about it though. "

"I don't know what to think. I wanna talk to him about it, but I don't wanna lose my best friend if it doesn't work out. He's my favorite person, you know?" The thought of losing Kenma made me want to cry.

"I'm not sure how to help you there, but I'll be here to support you through all of it."

"Thanks mom...as soon as I make any decisions on it you'll be the first to know."

"Alright, now go get showered, dinner is going to be ready in about fifteen minutes." She said. I nodded and headed up to my room to grab bed clothes and then headed to the bathroom to shower and get stuck in my thoughts.

After my shower I headed right down to dinner. I was quiet as my parents talked. I was thinking about Kenma, as usual. My dad noticed I was way quieter than usual. He was going to ask about it but my mom shot it down before the words ever came out of his mouth.

I finished eating pretty quickly and headed up to my room for the night. I threw a headset on and hopped onto discord. I called Kenma.

"Hey, what's up?" He answered almost right away. He must've already been at his computer.

"You wanna play some games? I need a distraction." I said.

"Yeah, we can play. Are you okay? You never need a distraction..." He sounded worried.

"I'm alright Kenma, just thinking about earlier at practice."

"Alright, if you need to talk, let me know. Now, what are we playing?" He asked. He didn't try to drag out the conversation about Yaku. I suggested we hop onto League of Legends, like we usually do. We pulled it up and played until we got tired. 

~Word Count~
~826~