~Chapter Twelve~

I was up bright and early for the training camp today. I got dressed into some practice gear, grabbed my camp bag, and then headed downstairs.

I didn't know if I should wait for Kenma to get here to walk to the school together or just start to head over on my own. He'd never messaged me back last night, so I'm really not sure what terms we stand on right now. So, what did I do? I called him like the idiot I am.

No answer.

I called a second time.

"Morning, Kuro." I heard on the other end. He sounded tired. I must've woken him up.

"Kenma...hey...I was just wondering if we were walking to school together? I wasn't sure because the past few days have been kind of..."

"Rocky? Yeah. Give me five, I'll be over." He said.

"Alright." I nodded even though he couldn't see it. The line went dead after that. I felt my entire body light up with anxiety. It felt Like I'd go into a panic attack at any moment. I started pacing around the kitchen in an attempt to calm myself down. I didn't even realize my front door had opened until I was pulled into a hug.

"I was worried about you yesterday, you know." Kenma said as he buried his face into my chest.

"I'm sorry."

"Why'd you stay home? I came to walk with you and your mom told me that you weren't going."

"I just wasn't feeling well."

"Don't lie to me. I know you're lying."

"Okay...fine. I stayed home because I spent all day either crying my eyes out or feeling numb."

"No wonder Bokuto came and dragged you out of the house." I guess he assumed Bokuto was coming this way for me.

"Yeah. He said he ran into you yesterday on his way here. You were coming home later than usual."

"Yeah. I stayed at practice a bit later than we usually do. I wanted a distraction and didn't know if I could call you. Tora ended up having to make me stop. I kinda ended up in a breakdown anyway."

"I'm sorry. I should've just kept my mouth shut."

"Don't apologize. I'm the one that pushed for you to tell me what was wrong."

"I could've come up with an excuse."

"I would've known it was an excuse and pushed more." He said.

"Still..."

"No. I shouldn't have reacted how I did. I shouldn't have run out like that. I should've stayed and tried to talk things through. I wasn't sure how to react. It wasn't processing in my head and I'm still trying to figure out what I think about the whole thing. I don't hate you. I'm not mad at you. I just suck at processing emotions." He explained.

"I know you're not good with emotions. I should've expected a reaction like that. Just know that even if it turns out that all we are is friends I won't be upset."

"I know you won't. Now let's go. We're gonna be late for our bus if we don't get moving." He laughed. I smiled and nodded. We both grabbed our bags and started walking to the school together.

We walked there joking around and talking like we always do. It still felt kind of awkward though, at least on my end. I wonder if it'll ever feel the same?

When we got to the school Yaku came running up to me as soon as he saw me.

"Dude, where the hell were you yesterday?"

"At home. I wasn't feeling good so I figured it was better if I didn't come in." I said. Kenma left to go talk to Tora, Probably to apologize for yesterday, leaving me and Yaku alone.