"Okay, so what actually happened? You never stay home because you're not feeling good, I have watched you suffer through practice with a migraine and the flu." Yaku asked as soon as Kenma was out of earshot.

"So..." I explained the entire situation and also explained what happened this morning.

"Oh..." was all he could say.

"Yep. It got to the point yesterday where Bokuto came over and dragged me out of the house because I'd been in my bed all day and hadn't eaten. I'm pretty sure he thought I was gonna slit my wrists open. I mean...I'd mentioned it, but I wasn't actually going to do it."

"Are you okay now? Like?" He was actually worried about me.

"I'm...alright. Kenma and I kinda patched things up this morning but it's still kinda awkward. I still kinda hate myself for saying anything, but I'm not at the point where I'm going to do anything stupid." I said. At least I don't think I'm at that point anymore, but one thing goes wrong and I might be back in that headspace again.

"Okay. Good." He took a small breath of relief.

"Alright, everyone load up!" Coach yelled as soon as he walked in. I guess that meant my conversation with Yaku was over.

The team loaded their bags into the cargo space and then loaded up. Kenma and I sat in the back of the bus together. He was playing his game and I watched. I always do enjoy watching him play his games.

He did something different than he usually does. He laid his head on me. He's never done that. I mean, not that I hated it, quite the opposite actually. I tested how far I could go; I put my arm around him and pulled him closer to me and laid my head on top of his. He didn't seem to mind, he didn't even seem anxious about it. I know I was though. My heart was racing and pounding louder than usual. I never thought Kenma of all people would cause anxiety to spark in me.

~~~

When we got to camp, everyone except Karasuno was in the dorm house getting things set up. That makes sense, their school is a bit farther away than the rest of us. We unpacked the bus and headed to the room we usually stay in when we're here.

"Kuroo!" I heard a voice come from the door of the place.

"Hey, Bo." I smiled.

"Looks like you're feeling better."

"Yeah, give me a second to put my stuff down and then we can talk, okay."

"Alright, I'll be around the side of the building." He said. I nodded and headed to put things away. I set up my spot as quickly as I could, knowing I'd probably end up fixing or moving stuff around later.

"I'm gonna go talk with Akaashi, okay?" Kenma turned to me.

"Alright, I'll be outside talking with Bokuto." I said. Kenma nodded before heading off to Fukurodani's designated room. I headed outside to the side of the building and saw Bokuto sitting on the ground playing on his phone.

"Hey." I sat down next to him.

"So, it seems like things are going better." Bokuto said.

"Yeah, we patched things up a little bit this morning. He never texted me back, but I called him this morning and he answered, we walked to school together and sat on the bus together."

"That's good."

"It all feels kind of awkward now though."

"It's probably going to. I'm gonna bet he didn't really give you a straight answer regarding his feelings, so you're not sure how to act around him."

"Yeah, that's pretty much how it's going. But it's weird. He said he's still not sure what to think about the situation, but the first thing he did when he walked into my house was hug me, on the bus he laid his head on my shoulder, which he never does, and he let me put my arm around him. So I'm not even sure what the hell is going on. What's funny is I think I have more anxiety over the whole thing than he does, which is another first for the two of us." I ranted.

"It sounds like he's trying to work through his feelings by seeing what actions do and don't make him uncomfortable. You're going to have to talk to him about it. If that's how he wants to do things, that's fine, but not knowing each other's boundaries is going to make it even more awkward for the both of you."

"Yeah...Also, thank you for last night. You really didn't have to come over and drag me out, but I do appreciate it."

"I was worried about you. I didn't want you to end up hurting yourself." He said. So I was right, he was worried that I was actually going to do something stupid.

"I wasn't going to actually do anything..."

"You say that now, and that may have been what you were thinking then, but things spiral fast and sometimes you don't even notice it until you're at your breaking point."

"Sounds like you have some experience with it?"

"I only know because I was there for someone after they had already hit that breaking point."

"Akaashi?" I guessed.

"Yeah. It was a while ago, but I still look for cuts whenever I can. It was one time, I don't even completely remember what happened. All I know is that it broke my heart to see him like that and I didn't want to see you the same way."

"Thank you."

"Always. Now go talk to Kenma." He said with a small smile. I nodded and the two of us headed inside together. We saw Kenma and Akaashi sitting together in the hall outside the rooms.

"Kuro -"

"Come with me." I said. He stood up off the ground and followed me back outside to the side of the building. We sat down on the ground together and talked. We both agreed that this morning was awkward as all hell, but we also agreed it was because we didn't talk about it.

Kenma was doing exactly what Bokuto said he probably was; he was working his emotions out through actions. We decided to set some boundaries, mostly things that were obvious like don't let it interfere with volleyball, try and keep PDA to a minimum, things like that. When we finally thought we had everything figured out, at least as much as we could, we headed back around to the front of the building to start heading inside. As we turned the corner we saw the Karasuno bus pull up to the front.

First ones off the bus were little Carrot top and his setter. Hinata came right for Kenma.

"Kenma!" He had the biggest smile on his face.

"Hey, Shoyo." Kenma smiled. While the two of them talked for a while, I waited outside their bus to find their captain, Daichi. He and I were pretty good pals.

Once all their players were off the bus, Kenma and I helped direct them to where they needed to go since the two of us were already out here and not really doing much of anything.

Once all the teams were set up in the dorm, we were called to the gym to officially start camp. 

~Word Count~
~1852~