Sir Levi picked up the appeal on the floor and sighed as he read the contents of it. The nobles, and members of the right faction are appealing to the emperor to look for a decent woman he can marry, and make as his new empress.

And this is all to keep the order in the inner court.

It has been four years since empress Y/n had perished, and the inner court hasn't been the same.

Everything hasn't been the same.

--

"Mother..."

Crown Prince Evan and Princess Eleanor place the bouquets of flowers they made themselves on the sides of empress Y/n's tomb.

Today is empress Y/n's death anniversary.

And that explains why the emperor's mood is worse than usual.

"It's nice to see you again, mother."
Eleanor said as she smiled. Her blue eyes were glossy. The once 2 year old baby girl, and 9 year old young girl, is now a thirteen year old lady.  "Evan and I miss you."

"Everyone misses you." Eleanor added.

The princess closed her eyes when the wind blew, her tears had escaped her eyes. She held onto Evan's arm, and leaned her head on his shoulder as she shed tears.

Evan wrapped an arm around her to give her comfort. "Father misses you more than anyone else, mother. Would you do me a favor and visit him with a good dream?"

The royal twins both shed a tear. When they heard of the empress' passing four years ago, they were both heartbroken.

Because again, they lost another mother.

"Bring our sibling with you too, mother, when you visit his majesty, mother. His majesty will surely be happy."

Eleanor said with a sad smile on her lips.

Not only did they lose another mother, but they also lost a sibling who hadn't even been born yet. "Will his majesty still won't visit her empress, Sir Mike?" Evan looked behind them, where Sir Mike and Sir Nanaba were standing, guarding them.

Sir Mike gave the crown prince an apologetic look. "I'm afraid his majesty won't be able to visit again this time, your highness. He's occupied with his duties."

Evan let out a sigh. He just nodded, then looked at his sister. Eleanor looked at him with a disappointed look on her face.

"...not even once did he visit mother."

"Try to understand his majesty, Ellie."

Eleanor let out a heavy sigh. She looked at the empress' tomb, walked towards it then crouched in front to caress the empress' name engraved on the tomb stone.

The wind blew causing her straight and long blond hair to be blown by the wind.

"I hope you understand his majesty, too, mother. He is not visiting for a reason..."

Everyone knows why the emperor does not visit his empress' or his second wife's grave.

And the reason for that is because the emperor refuses to believe that the empress has long been dead. Even after four years had already passed, Erwin, not even once, considered that his wife is living no more.

"Pardon us, your highnesses...but we must go back to the palace now before it even gets dark." Nanaba spoke, now standing close to the crown princes and princess.

Evan and Eleanor nodded. The crown prince offered his arm to his sister to hold, which Eleanor gladly took since she had a hard time walking with her dress.