05 - pain

fourth's pov

it was now the next day. I barely woke up but I did. I was wearing my uniform and of course, my hair looked like shit.

I got to school, almost late but I wasn't. I sat down and then the teacher walked in.

----

it was lunch time. I went to sit down and I didn't have food. I still wasn't hungry. I noticed gemini walking up to me, my heart started beating really fast. I looked up and he was standing across from me. then he sat down. "hey how-" he started but I got up and walked away. I wasn't about to go through an awkward conversation. I hate awkwardness.

I went to an empty classroom and sat down on a seat. I took my phone out and I saw a couple of messages.

gem🔆: hey, what's wrong? why'd you leave?
gem🔆: fourth?
gem🔆: dude.
gem🔆: I can see you're opening these. answer me.
fnj❀: what
gem🔆: what do you mean what?
fnj❀: why r you spamming me
gem🔆: why did you leave so fast?
fnj❀: Idk.
gem🔆: okay. where are you?
fnj❀: idk some classroom.
gem🔆: ok.

I looked at my phone and sighed. this is gonna be awkward.

I sat on my phone for a bit and then I heard someone walk in.

who was it? gemini of course. I looked at him and looked away immediately. he sat down and looked at me. "why'd you leave?" he asked and I didn't want to answer. but I had to. "cause I didn't want to sit there." I said and avoided eye contact.

"is it about uh. yesterday?" he asked and I looked up at him, then down again. "no, I don't know." I said and fidgeted with my hands. "it was a mistake. I shouldn't have done it I'm sorry." he said and I just looked at him. 'a mistake?' I thought

"yeah. it's okay." I said, still playing with my fingers. he was looking at me, this was a bit awkward.

"so uh. did you eat breakfast?" he said in an awkward tone. I shook my head, not wanting to make everything even more awkward. he nodded and looked away. I went on my phone and he took his food out.

"aren't you gonna go eat with mark and your other friends like always?" I asked and he shook his head. "no, It's quieter here." he said and I nodded. going back to my phone.

----

today was really really awkward. and I know exactly why.

I was home now, I was in my room when my mom came in and told me to come down for dinner. I got up and went downstairs, she looked at me and then sat down and told me to sit. I was a bit confused.

"what's up? why are you acting weird?" I asked and she looked down. "fourth I need to tell you something." this was weird. I didn't like this.

I looked at her, a confused expression on my face. "what?" I asked and she smiled. "I uh, I'm gonna get.. well. I don't know how to say it." I noticed her hiding her right hand. I didn't like how this was going.

"mom just tell me." I said and she looked at me. "I'm gonna get married." she said and I stared at her. "what?!" I yelled. "are you serious?" I asked, loudly. I was mad.

she just looked at me, her eyes looking as if she was trying to make me be happy. "honey, I fell in love and I got engaged. so yes I am serious." she said and I just glared at her in shock. "to who?!" I asked and she told me. I didn't know that man. I hadn't heard of him in my life.

"what the fuck mom? who is that? how long have you even been dating?!" I asked and she sighed. "almost 8 months." "and I didn't fucking know?!" I said, mad. how could she?

"fourth I knew you would be like this so I didn't tell you." she said. she was wrong. "no I wouldn't. maybe if you told me you were dating someone earlier I would've been okay with it. eight months and you didn't even care to tell me?" I said and she rolled her eyes. "why can't you be appreciative for once? I'm giving you a chance to have a dad again! why can't you be a little bit grateful?" she yelled back at me.

"I don't want another dad! and I am grateful I'm just mad at you for not telling me." I said the last a bit more quiet. "I don't care! think about my feelings right now. should I leave a man just cause you don't want me to have another husband?" she asked and I fell silent. "I didn't say that. I told you three times. I'm mad cause you didn't tell me." "well I'm telling you now aren't I?" she said and I nodded. "yes you are. but you should've told me earlier."

I looked at her and she looked at me. "fourth I didn't know how to." she said and I scoffed a bit. "you didn't know how to? just like how you didn't know how to tell me dad died and lied to me for a week that he was on a business trip?" I said and she looked down. "I had to. you were so happy at school with your friend. I didn't want to ruin your mood until you asked me why he was gone for so long." she said and I rolled my eyes. "yeah. great excuse mom." I said, my eyes teary. I went up to my room and locked the door.

I plopped down on my bed and for some reason I cried. not cause of my mom getting engaged. but because I mentioned my dad. I was basically crying for about an hour. but after I calmed down I couldn't go to bed. I just lied in bed. thinking. then I slowly fell asleep.

----

I hate this chapter so much. too much angst but I gotta add up to the storyline. also I ran out of ideas so I basically just wrote this chapter without a script before. bad ik.