Chapter 5

*Saanvi's POV*

"What happened to your hand?" Abhimanyu asks.

And I start sniffing. Back at the mall, after using the washroom I came out to the small hallway attached to it. Suddenly, a man appears in front of me and holds my left hand in a tight grip.

"Hey cutie, wanna have some fun?" The man says with a disgusting smile.

I try to free my hand from him but his grip is really strong. He puts his other hand on my waist and I freeze. Please help me god.

"You'll regret this, leave my hand this instant" I warn him but I'm also scared. 'I can't go through this again'  I thought recalling the painful memories.

"Oh come on, don't spoil the fun" he says as he leans forward. No no, this can't happen. This washroom is located in the extreme corner of the mall so one will be able to hear me even if I scream.

"Leave me I said" i shout at the man and kick his crotch twice. And his grip on my hand loosens. Thank God, my brain came up with the sudden idea.

I run from there as soon as possible. My body is shivering. I stand near a store and compose myself. Abhimanyu will be worried if he sees me like this.

I stand there for a few more minutes and then start walking towards Abhimanyu.

"What happened? Are you fine?" He asks me as soon as I go near him. I just nod and avoid eye contact with him.

"Ok then, lets go" he says and gently holds my right hand and we start walking. I feel so safe around him. I feel my heart warming up.

Soon we sit in our car and Abhimanyu starts driving. And I just sit in the passenger seat thinking about what just happened.

Suddenly Abhimanyu parks the car at the side of the road and carefully takes my left hand in his. Shit, there is an ugly bruise on my left hand, where the man held me.

"What happened to your hand?" He asks in a panicked tone.

I don't know what to say, water gathers in my eyes as I can't hold them in anymore.

"Saanvi love, tell me what happened. Did you get hurt somewhere?" He gently asks.

"A ma-man mi-mi-misbehaved with me ne-near the washroom." I tell him everything while sobbing.

And he just sits quietly for a few seconds. He looks so angry right now. Does he hate me now?

He starts driving the car at a fast speed.
And takes a U-turn. Is he going back to the mall?.

"That bastard touched you, he'll end up at the hospital today" he literally shouts.

"No Abhimanyu, please lets go back to our home. I already kicked him. Please don't get into a fight for me." I plead him.

"What do you mean? I have every right to get into a fight for you. You are my fucking wife. That little piece of shit will suffer now." He yells at me.

" No please, I'm tired. Let's go back to our home." I cry.

"Ok" he says reluctantly after thinking for a few seconds. And starts driving to our home. Thank God.

After 20mins, we reach our home. The entire ride he didn't say a word and looked really angry.

As we reach our bedroom he calls me.

"Saanvi?"

"Hmm"

"Were you even planning to tell me about this incident?" He asks calmly.

And i just look down at my feet and remain silent. No, i wasn't planning to tell him about this as I didn't want him to get worried.

He understood my answer through my silence and i see pure hurt flash through his eyes. But then anger takes over the feeling of hurt in his eyes.

" I'm your fucking husband Saanvi. And you planned to hide such a serious incident from me. Why?" He yells and I just stand there silently.

"Answer me, dammit." He shouts.

"Do you even consider me as your husband? Why are you doing this?"

I don't say anything. I'm tongue tied.

A frustrated sigh leaves his mouth and he runs his hand through his fingers.

" Leave it, just take some rest." After saying this he takes his car keys again and leaves the house. I just stand there feeling numb.

A few hours pass by as I take a shower and change my clothes. But Abhimanyu has not returned yet. I check the time and it's 9pm. He left 4hours ago.

I quickly take my phone and call him. But he cuts my call. I call him another 12 times and then he turns off his phone.

He's really upset and I'm the reason. Why am I like this? God please keep him safe.
Please come back Abhimanyu, I'm scared.

I just want to be around him after this horrible incident. He makes me feel so safe. But he left me alone because I hurt him. It's all my fault.

I keep waiting for him but he doesn't show up. I doze off around 1'o' clock in the morning with so many thoughts on my mind.

Come back to me Abhimanyu.

Love from writer.
Please vote and comment.