REMNANT: Buffy, the Vampire Slayer meets Batman and the Red Rider - Chapter 51.

Willow scrambled to hide behind the giant crates in the caged room of the library. Having shrunk to a doll's size, she could find plenty of crevasses to hide between. She only hoped it would be enough to escape the notice of Angel, as he entered the cage to hunt for her.

"Here, Willow, Willow, Willow," he cooed maliciously, his demonic face grotesque with amusement as he towered high above her at the door. It was like being trapped in the worst possible version of Jack and the Beanstalk. "No point in hiding, Willow. Besides, it's not like anybody's gonna miss you when you're gone. Come on out and I promise I'll make it quick."

Willow backed herself against the wall between a filing cabinet and some stacked crates. She had nearly started to hyperventilate, and when her back unexpectedly met the wall, she released a small gasp.

Angel turned sharply on her. "There you are."

She swallowed, pinned by the high walls on either side

His giant hand stretched toward her, working its way through the narrow passage. "Just hold still. This will only take a minute."

"Willow!" a voice cried from somewhere in the hallway outside. It was Buffy.

Angel glanced over his shoulder, scowling. Then he smiled maliciously at Willow again, withdrawing his hand. "That's my cue. Gotta run, small fry." He winked down at her. "Eat you later."

He fled, his dark overcoat whirling away behind him.

Willow released an exhausted sigh as she sank to the floor.

"Willow! Where are you?" Buffy called again.

Willow rose quickly and ran through the grates of the cage door as Buffy burst into the library. She moved to the center of the floor, waving her arms frantically. "Buffy! I'm down here!"

"Willow?" Buffy asked, not sure whether she had heard something. She moved farther into the room, surveying every corner of it.

Willow leaped aside to avoid being smashed under Buffy's heels. "Buffy, it's me! I'm down here!"

But Buffy rushed right past her, still glancing around the library at eye level. It was no use. As small as she was, Buffy would never find her.

What did it matter, anyway? Like Angel said, who would really miss her if she was gone?

She grit her teeth, annoyed at herself. Why was she listening to what Angel said about her? She just had to get Buffy's attention somehow.

She spotted a broken half of a pencil nearby, forgotten on the floor. She struggled to lift its pointed end and charged at Buffy with it, jabbing it into Buffy' ankle.

"Ow!" Buffy griped. "What the -?" She looked down to see a tiny doll holding a pencil and staring up at her.

A doll with long red hair.