REMNANT: Buffy, the Vampire Slayer meets Batman and the Red Rider - Chapter 24.

From her fiery horse, the scarfaced Red Rider stared down at Buffy and Batman, her hooded cloak flowing around her in a way that almost seemed mystical. "All right," she said. "I'll help you."

Buffy tightened her lips, still not thrilled about working with Helena. "What, so you believe us now?"

"I've dealt with plenty of liars, masquerading as allies," Helena said. "Your story is too ludicrous to be a lie. You're either telling the truth, or you're the most idiotic liars I've ever met."

Buffy shrugged. "Girl makes a good point."

"Speaking of unlikely stories," Batman said. "I'm curious to know how you've been so successful waging war against the Lycanthru. Obviously, your repeating crossbow allows you to fire multiple bolts, but that alone couldn't threaten a whole pack. Especially when you can only fire ten bolts before reloading."

"Silver," Helena said. "The smallest trace will kill them within seconds. I've tipped all of my bolts with it."

Batman lifted his chin. "Of course. Brilliant."

"And Crimson's a fast horse, always ready to do whatever I need," she said, patting the neck of her auburn steed. "He's pulled me out of a few scrapes. Most of the wolves are afraid of me, now that they know I can kill them. That gives me the advantage."

Batman nodded in agreement. "It certainly does."

"Yes, we're all very impressed," Buffy said, folding her arms as she glared at Helena

"Yes, we're all very impressed," Buffy said, folding her arms as she glared at Helena. "But before we get all cozy as partners, let's have a few rules. First, you can pray all you want, but we're not waiting around for God to answer before we make a move. We need to take Faust down, any way we can, and that means we fight fire with fire, spells with spells."

The Red Rider scowled down at her. "I won't participate in witchcraft. That's what brought about the Lycanthru in the first place."

"And I'm not waiting to receive your blessing. We need to move."

"Then you might want to find your horse," Helena said, leaning forward in her saddle and urging Crimson to gallop away.

"Wha– Hey!" Buffy shouted. "You don't even know where we're going!"

"Cave by the tavern!" Helena called over her shoulder. "Meet me there!"

Batman turned to Buffy. "Apparently, there's only one cave near there. Let's go."

Buffy shook her head. "Fine. But don't expect me to get along with Attitude Girl."

"I wouldn't dream of it," Batman said. "Let's gather the horses."

They hurried back to the wagons in front of the sawmill to retrieve them.

"How are we supposed to work with her?" Buffy argued as they ran. "Little Miss Medieval actually thinks she can fight demons just by praying. And she trusts whatever her priest tells her, without question."