REMNANT: Buffy, the Vampire Slayer meets Batman and the Red Rider - Chapter 50.

Dru rose slowly, her back sore from the rough landing. Seeing that they were losing the battle, she sprang at one of the Lycanthru wolves as he bit into a fellow vampire. She sank her fangs into his furry back, producing a yelp of pain that delighted her.

Until his companion's fangs buried themselves into her side, forcing an agonized scream from her lips.

From the middle of the street, Angel turned at the sound. "Dru?"

Simonet seized the opportunity to bite deep into Angel's neck. It wouldn't kill him, but it produced a satisfying cry of anguish. Simonet reared back and swiped his meaty paw at Angel, knocking him out cold.

He turned to see the other Lycanthru having equal success with the vampiress, Dru, as they struck her unconscious.

Simonet rose to his feet, satisfied. They had won.

And they had been lucky.

"Come on," he ordered the others. "Where's Veroux?"

The other six wolves struggled to their feet and looked around at the dozing vampires, then at one another. They shrugged.

Simonet scowled. "Find him, quickly! We need to regroup with Mister Giles while there's still time."

"Why is it always me?" Cordelia whined as she stood in the center of the library beside the miniature petrified form of Kalderon, as Giles and Ethan hurried to draw a circle on the floor and prepare the incantation

"Why is it always me?" Cordelia whined as she stood in the center of the library beside the miniature petrified form of Kalderon, as Giles and Ethan hurried to draw a circle on the floor and prepare the incantation. "Here I am again, helping out by getting way too close and personal with the creepy demon statue."

Giles paused to sigh as he flipped to page 394 of the spellbook. "Cordelia. As much as I enjoy your company, if you don't wish to keep an eye on Kalderon, why not join the others in the woodshop?"

"With all that sawdust floating around?" she asked, aghast as she displayed her upraised hand to him. "I just did my nails, and I can't even imagine what it would do to my hair. This is the lesser of two evils. ... so to speak."

"Fine," Giles said. "Let's just focus on the task at hand."

"Don't I always?" she snapped back.

Giles drew a sharp intake of breath.

"Giles, you seem as though you want to say something," Ethan noted. "May I say it for you?"

"No," Giles said curtly. "Let's just recite the spell and bring everyone back home, while the others work on some sort of defense to buy us time."

Oz observed Pierre and his father moving through the school woodshop, examining the equipment and every spare piece of wood and metal scrap they could find. Pierre's mother also looked around, offering suggestions for what her husband might find useful, while Marceau carried each piece they found to the center work table, according to Mister Leóne's instructions.