REMNANT: Buffy, the Vampire Slayer meets Batman and the Red Rider - Chapter 42.

Back at their shared flat, Ripper assumed the lead in casting the spell to raise Eyghon. Ethan had always directed a new spell, but he now seemed content to participate quietly, smiling to himself as he observed Ripper and the others. They had all inscribed the Mark of Eyghon on their arms, as the signal to call the demon Eyghon to themselves.

Philip had agreed to be the first. He lay in the center of the circle they had drawn on the floor, with large depictions of the Mark of Eyghon, in the center of various candle pots that each held three small flames. Philip had taken a strong sedative to make himself unconscious, so that Eyghon could inhabit him. Ripper led the others in spreading their hands over the circle as he chanted the words to summon Eyghon.

Then the demon appeared, as Philip suddenly bolted upright to his feet. He whirled about in the circle, glaring at each one of them in turn. Then fixing his attention solely on Ripper, the leader who had called him. "Give me your name," Philip growled.

"Ripper," he answered with delight.

Philip narrowed his eyes. "Your real name."

Ripper stiffened. "... Rupert Giles."

Philip nodded, taking him in. "Giles," he repeated in an unearthly voice. "I am Eyghon. You have summoned me, and I will help you destroy your enemies. As you free me to destroy mine."

"Not so fast, mate," Ripper ordered. "If you want to help destroy our enemies, that's well enough. But you're not leaving this circle until we say so."

Philip chuckled with a deep inhuman voice. "You dare to command Eyghon? I could rip your head from your neck and snap you into tiny pieces."

"Not at the moment, you can't," Ripper said, holding up his left arm to show the Mark of Eyghon tattooed there. "I've got you under my skin."

Philip soured. Then snarled like a vicious animal. "I cannot help you if you keep me contained."

"And you can't hurt us, either, can you?" Ripper challenged. "We just wanted to say 'hello' for now. But we're in charge, got it? You ever want out of that circle, you'll have to agree to help us. Understood?"

Philip nodded slowly.

"Good. We'll talk again soon, when we have need of you," Ripper said, waving his hands over the circle and preparing to wake Philip from his trance, effectively sending Eyghon away. He smirked at the demon. "Be seeing you."

Philip growled in a rage as Ripper recited the incantation to wake him. His body fell in a heap as the demon left, and Philip woke irritably, clutching the back of his head where he had fallen.

"Oww," he groaned. "Did it work? What happened?"

Ripper beamed at the others, who all seemed just as exhilarated. "The most incredible power trip we've ever had."

"Yeah, man," gloated Randall, flashing his bearded smile. "Too bad you missed it."

"Yeah, well," Philip grunted, annoyed. "Next time."