chapter 15

see you inside
🎶 snow on the beach - taylor swift

Sarah brought Aubrie to an old bell tower, apparently important to Sarah and John B

Sarah brought Aubrie to an old bell tower, apparently important to Sarah and John B. She brought Aubrie up to the attic, opening the door to reveal John B.

"Hi." Sarah smiled, running up to hug John B.

"I thought I'd never see you again." He said.

"Are you okay?" She asked, pulling away to look at his face.

"Yeah." He nodded. "Are you?"

"Yeah." She answered, kissing him.

"Hey." Aubrie said. "Still here."

They pulled apart. " 'Sup Aubs." He waved.

" 'Sup." She mocked. Suddenly, they heard footsteps approaching.

Topper appeared from the hatch. "What are you doing here Top?" John B yelled.

"Hey-"

"Don't fucking move." John B interrupted.

"Just let me, I just need to talk to Sarah please." He said. "I mean it's not too smart is it? Meeting up with a fugitive like this? Okay? I'm not gonna do anything, alright? What are you gonna do? You gonna try to kill me too man?"

"He didn't kill anyone." Sarah corrected.

"Are you kidding me? He's literally brain washed you Sarah." He said.

"No." Sarah replied.

"Come on snap out of it." He pleaded.

The three tried to talk amongst themselves, ignoring Topper. Unfortunately, he refused to be ignored. "He everybody he's up here!" He yelled, ringing the bell.

"Shut up!" John B yelled, pushed Topper away and grabbing him by the mouth. "You shut your mouth Topper!"

"Topper that's enough." Sarah scolded.

"We're good." Topper said. "Just, just take it easy." He looked to Sarah and Aubrie. "I warned you about these pogues, didn't I?"

"He's innocent." Sarah argued.

"It's true." Aubrie added.

"Then who did it? Hm?" Topper questioned.

"Rafe." Sarah answered.