𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽: 𝙾𝚋𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚛 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐

"AND HE LOOKED AT ME
LIKE THERE WAS SOMETHING
IN ME WORTH LOOKING AT"

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉

          THE GUILT THAT KHIANNA HAD INSIDE of her is eating her up. As the days passed by, the guilt of asking 'him' to meet 'her' at the Astronomy Tower. The excuse of being annoyed of all the letters is wrong because it wasn't really meant for her. The guilt had a partner in crime, pity.

Khianna felt bad for James after what happened days ago, when he serenaded Lily in the courtyard. She doesn't know how Lily could turn that down. If Mattheo did that to her, she would melt— despite being very smart and sharp with her words, Khianna is quite soft-hearted and the romantic.

Seeing James look so down under the rain, pained her in someway. Her heart ached at the sight of him looking so broken. Perhaps, Khianna's heart wasn't used to seeing James all down because from what everyone tells her, James is always so energetic and happy. And that no matter how many times that Lily turns him down, he still tries to persuade her.

Maybe all the times that Lily turned him down wasn't like the one that happened just days ago.

And maybe it was because Khianna was too preoccupied with a lot of things to not notice the marauders also being in the same classes as her because now she did notice.

The only thing that she did from time to time is sneak glances at James Potter who was scribbling down on a piece of parchment. Sometimes, she would hold her stare longer then intended that her seatmate began to notice.

A seatmate that Professor Slughorn choice. 

"You know that staring is rude right?"

Khianna jumps on her spot turning to look at the person who whispered that to her which caught her off guard. And there inches away from her face is the notorious heartthrob playboy of Hogwarts in 1976, Sirius Black.

"What?" Khianna said trying to make him repeat it.

Sirius looked at his bestfriend before back to Khianna, "I asked if you know that staring is rude" Sirius repeated with a sly smirk on his face.

Cheeks went rosy pink at what he said because he caught her.

So, all that Khianna could do is deny— "I wasn't staring! I was just observing" She stated in a hushed voice. The last thing she needs is getting caught by Professor Slughorn not paying attention to the lesson.

Now, that she got a good look at Sirius. He looks incredibly handsome especially those gray eyes of his and his long black silky hair. His stories now checks out— stories of the Sirius Black that she knows back in her time.

"Oh, really?" Sirius raised a brow, teasingly at her "Now, you are doing it again. This time you are staring at me— Take a picture, it will last longer" He suggested.

All Khianna could do was snort, "Like hell yeah" She stated sarcastically.

"Ouch, Stark. I know I am handsome. No need to deny that you fancy me" Sirius whispered closely to her ear earning unnecessary shivers to roll down her spine.

Khianna fancy Sirius? Hell nah. Even if he was handsome, she wasn't just going to like someone for their face plus in her time, Sirius belongs to Remus. It took a while before Khianna and Harry got them to admit that they like each other— correction: love each other.

"Would the two of you like to share with the class what you are talking about, Mr. Black and Miss Stark?"

Now everyone was looking at them.

"No, sir. We'd like to keep it to ourselves" Sirius answered, a sheepish smile.

If Sirius hadn't said that, Khianna would. Here in 1976, she is holding her snarky remarks and sharp tongue back not wanting to change the past with her stupid mouth.

Professor Slughorn gave the two of them a look before proceeding back to the lectures. A sigh of relief came from Khianna then another paper bird appeared in front of her landing.

Sirius hadn't notice because he is now flirting with a Hufflepuff girl who is sitting on the next table.

Khianna frowns unwrapping the paper.

I'm sorry I crossed the line, Flower. Forgive me?

- J.P -

And she froze, she received the letter again. Looking to the front to see Lily listening attentively with Remus Lupin right by her side. Khianna looks back slowly only to see James Potter staring right back at her.

Her eyes widen but she didn't turn to look away. James only looked at her, head tilted to the side. He had a confused look on his face, he opened his mouth to say something only for Khianna to look away and straight back to Professor Slughorn.

She sat up straight and did not dare to look back for the remainder of the class.

"You were staring again" Sirius whispered to Khianna but this time not looking at her to nit get both of them in trouble.

The only thing the latter would do is side look the girl.

"I told you I was not staring. I was just observing" Khianna defended, crumbling the piece of paper and stuffing it in her robes' pocket.

Sirius shrugged, a smirk on his face.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Stark"

Khianna was not staring at James Potter. She is merely observing him to see if he was okay.... right?

But whatever it is, observing or staring. James caught her especially since he sent the  letter to the wrong person, again.

Now, Khianna was definitely screwed. By the corner of her eyes, she caught her Mom looking at her.

Mavis mouthed 'You are screwed'

No one had to tell Khianna that twice.