Epilogue 3: Anniversary

Ah, so here it is. The final part of this little story. Sorry it took me so long to post this onto here, I just kept on forgetting. Anyways, I hope you all have enjoyed this! It means a lot that people keep on reading. Who knows, I may even put some of the other stories I've written onto Wattpad, like the sequel...
Well, enjoy!
-With love, Jooostan

The Fierce God Given Life
Epilogue 3: Anniversary

Three and a half months later...

It was the start of a very special time for Link. It was the start of the Carnival of Time. Just three days to go until the event could kick off properly, now that there wasn't a moon looming above the country, threatening to crash. However, that's all Link saw it as. He didn't really think to read a little more into what time of year it was, at least in relation to him and Termina.

Anju knew all too well what day it was. It was exactly one year since Link came to Termina. She had planned a special event for him for weeks now, everyone aside from the boy himself knowing about it. Kafei, Cremia, Romani, and herself spent a lot of time planning to surprise him.

Of course, Link knew something was up. As usual, he was extremely aware of his surroundings and picked up on how strange everyone else had been acting over time, but the date got the best of him, and he was rendered clueless as to why they were acting so odd. Regardless, he tried not to pay it any mind.

There was a knock on the door to the Stock Pot Inn. Anju, knowing exactly who was at the door, pretended to be preoccupied with taking inventory in the kitchen to answer it.

"Link, honey? Could you get the door?" Anju called for her surrogate son, the boy still quite drowsy upstairs.

Link opened the door to his bedroom, letting the sunlight peering through his windows flood into the small patch of darkness that wasn't illuminated by the light of the hallway. Slowly making his way downstairs, he yawned before reaching for the knob to the front door.

"Hello Grasshopper!" Romani's voice woke Link up almost immediately. His eyes widened as he looked at Romani and Cremia. Today wasn't a delivery day, right?

"Oh, hey! What brings you guys here?" Link looked with confusion as the sisters walked inside.

"It's training day for Romani!" Cremia said casually, the training spear in her hands. She was sure to sound as normal as possible. Keeping Romani's actual training day a secret from Link was the hard part of the week prior, but she still couldn't mess this up.

"Oh... alright." Link gave Cremia a suspicious look before shrugging. He decided not to pay it much mind. He was just glad to see Romani again. Her and her lovely blue dress that captivated him to no end.

Romani was now thirteen, and she wore it like a badge of honor. She felt strong, but also a little confused. She expected Link to be at least a little older than her, but when her birthday came around, he still considered himself twelve. In reality, he never knew his birthday. The Kokiri did make a day just for him, but the lack of calendar in Kokiri Forest made it so that he never knew when exactly it was compared to how long he had been in Termina.

Anju was determined to change that. Her and Kafei thought long and hard about whether or not they should consider the days leading up to the Carnival of Time as Link's birthday, but after seeing how his new life really began in the three days before the big event, it felt fitting. But they didn't know if Link himself would agree with that idea.

"So, how long will you guys be here?" Link asked tentatively.

"Romani doesn't know. Why?" Romani was a little confused at Link's question.

"I have something I need... need to do. I-In Snowhead and then Great Bay." Link looked down at himself for a brief second. The reason why he was heading to those regions was for a particularly personal occasion.