Feels Like a Brand-New Day

The Fierce God Given Life
Chapter 10: Feels Like a Brand-New Day

Romani was sitting by the fireplace in the main room of the ranch house. She was unbelievably bored. She hadn't seen her best friend in over a week! Her thoughts could only think back to when he was hurt, when she pounced on him the moment she saw him. The way he held her hips was so strange to her. But she wished it happened again.

Romani missed seeing Link's face. His expressions spoke a thousand words even though his mouth rarely did the same. The way he acted while he was around her constantly fascinated her.

The ranch girl's daydreams weren't even broken when her older sister entered the house. Cremia held two buckets of milk, her chore of milking the cows complete.

"Ahem." Cremia faux coughed, hoping to get her sister's attention for some assistance with the heavy buckets. Romani paid her no mind. She decided to make herself a little louder. "Ahem!"

Romani finally had her train of thought derail, and she lit up when she saw the buckets held by her sister.

"Oh! Sorry, sister!" Romani rushed to help, grabbing a bucket and taking it to the kitchen counter, her older sister right behind her.

Sitting at the table, Romani watched as Cremia took up the task of bottling the milk. When she was done, she slumped on the chair opposite of her little sister and huffed.

"Finally! My arms are aching!" Cremia dramatically held her forearm in emphasis. Romani just giggled at her as her sister had a smile spread on her face. She could tell Romani was bored out of her mind, and she took pride seeing how much she could entertain her little sister.

After a bit of silence, Romani grew tired of her own boredom.

"Sister, can we visit Grasshopper?" Romani asked. It had been so long since she had visited him. She enjoyed writing letters to her friend, but it just wasn't the same.

Cremia knew how her sibling felt. It got pretty lonely on the ranch at times. Considering Romani had been a little too helpful around the ranch for the past week, she knew the little rascal was just sucking up to her. However, she couldn't resist the cute face Romani had after she asked her question.

"Oh... alright. We can visit. But when it gets dark, we'll need to head home." Cremia's voice was understanding, but stern as well. Romani nearly jumped out of her chair when she heard Cremia's words.

The two sisters prepared their things and soon departed from the ranch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epona had just entered Termina field. Link felt the wind in his hair while he couldn't wait to get home. Feeling the most solace he ever had, he wore a smile as Epona entered Clock Town. Slowing down to a trot, the breeze helped the Hero of Termina relax after a long morning. He escaped from his "Hero Mode" during the ride to the Inn. It was only two hours past noon now. The clouds that covered the sky during the morning seemingly left to rain another day.

Disembarking from Epona and letting her go to her stable, Link opened the door to the Stock Pot Inn. It happened to be a day that the Inn was closed, no one in the building the whole day besides Anju and Kafei. Tael and Skull Kid had left just after Link did to find something to do in the Southern Swamp. While Link set his gear down on the seat across from the desk, he could swear he heard a faint squeaking sound coming from upstairs before it suddenly grew quiet.

About a minute after Link closed the front door, Anju exited the employee's only room and greeted Link. Her hair was oddly disheveled, and she looked like she was out of breath.