On Termina's Secret Service

Hello again! I plan on putting out one last chapter before HOPEFULLY getting some feedback. I am pretty nervous about posting this on Wattpad, because I don't want it to be just a waste, so please enjoy!
-Jooostan

The Fierce God Given Life
Chapter 11: On Termina's Secret Service

Cremia and Romani were on their way back to the ranch. The moon provided decent light for the lonely dirt road. The oldest sister was a little weary about travelling around at night, especially near the farm of the Gorman Brothers, but she managed to hide her stress from Romani.

"Romani wonders what we'll do tomorrow!" Romani exclaimed. Cremia just smirked at her little sister, planning to blindside her with some chores just to be funny. What she didn't plan however, was to be met in the middle of the road by a group of... something.

All Cremia could see were their eyes, piercing even in the darkness. Then the carriage halted.

"Huh? Sister why are we- "Romani didn't get to finish her sentence, because a silver blade pointed straight at her. She looked up to see another directed towards her sister.

"Let us search your wagon, or else you'll be cut down by my blade!" A robed figured shouted at the ladies. Trembling in fear, Cremia shielded Romani as she stepped out of the carriage and let the being and his comrades search it.

Romani wanted to defend her and her sister's carriage, but Cremia wouldn't allow her to take a single step. The creatures, whatever they were, looked like nothing she had ever seen. Robed in greenish-brown attire, they had no visible body except for their feet, which were wrapped tightly around their feet, and their glowing green eyes. She couldn't even tell if they were holding their weapons, or if they were grafted onto their arms.

When they completed their search, they swung their blades to make an opening in the carriage even though there was an exit just three feet to the left. They cut off the hind wheels off the wagon and seized them, then dashed into the darkness. Seeing their damaged ride, Cremia fell to her knees and began sniffling. Their wagon couldn't be moved.

"Sister? Sister, what's wrong?!" Romani pleaded to know what made her big sister begin to cry. She didn't think the damage was that bad. But she had no idea how this would affect the milk delivery they had to make in just a few days.

Cremia would just continue sobbing, even while unhooking their mule from it's leads and taking it back to the ranch. The walk back was exhausting, but Cremia still cried the whole way back. Her flow of tears was only stopped when she finally got to bed. However, her sadness never lifted, and Romani had no idea what to do.

Then Romani began to feel tears roll down her face. And she cried herself to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the dawn of a new day, and Link wasn't able to stay in his room much. Anju and Kafei had made sure to get some carpenters in and fix the hole in the bedroom wall.

With nothing to do in the Inn, Link moseyed around town, Tael at his side for the day. When he walked through West Clock Town, Link decided to do some training at the Swordsman's School.

"Cut down the fifteen logs using the highly difficult techniques!" The teacher instructed. It used to just be ten logs, but when Link passed the initial test so easily, the swordsman scrambled to get more wood and he decided to require the use of some quick slashes of the sword to get them all down.

Breathing in slowly, the whistle blew, and Link went into action. He jump-slashed the first two logs. But when the third, fourth, and fifth logs appear, he had to jump, sideswipe, and then slip to take them all down. It was a spectacle to see Link so quick and nimble.