A Grand Stance

Here it is, the finale! It's been odd, porting this whole story over to Wattpad, but I'm kinda glad I did. While it hasn't really done much, it's nice to know that more can have the opportunity to read this! Enjoy!
-Jooostan

The Fierce God Given Life
Chapter 18: A Grand Stance

The group made their way to Ikana Canyon. Link, Romani, Tatl, Skull Kid, Jim, two members of the Bombers, the Swordsman Teacher, Captain Viscen, and four Clock Town guards made up this army. They were determined to stop the threat of the Garo once and for all.

Link wore the Captain's Hat. It was tilted upward a bit, so his vision wasn't obscured. This was it. Everything that had happened in the over two months after Majora's defeat had led to this. Link thought back to how he was on the day of the Carnival of Time. He had changed so much since then. It all felt like it was moving so fast.

The summer air flowed through the valley, picking up everyone's hair. The canyon was still for the time being, not a Guay or Bombchu in sight.

Everyone was nervous as they made their way up the first cliff. They passed down the hookshot each time one of them reached the top, so that the person behind could use it and do the same. It all took some time, but once they got past the river, everyone waited.

The morning fog was heavy, and the wind started howling. Romani had her bow ready. Skull Kid stood firm with his staff. Jim and his bomber companions held the hilts of their swords. Captain Viscen and the Swordsman teacher unsheathed their weapons, and the Clock Town guards readied their spears.

"You alright, Skull Kid?" Jim whispered over to the trembling imp. He could tell he was nervous because of the sound of rattling wood he made while shaking.

"Y-Yeah... just a bit shaky." Skull Kid replied, trying to breathe and calm himself down.

Romani looked to her left to Link. She took one hand and held his. They gazed at each other and smiled for a moment. Everything they had been through permeated their thoughts until they all heard footsteps. Going into a defensive pose, Link extended his arm and signaled for everyone to stop.

A deep cackle was heard across the field. The Music Box house was in the distance, it had no need to play its song anymore. Suddenly, three Garo spies descended onto the ground before the team. Their piercing, emerald eyes looking back at the group.

"You all are going to die today..." A voice resonated. The Garo Master.

The cloaked warrior emerged from the fog, presenting his new mask in the sun. Link recalled when he destroyed the Master's previous one just a few weeks before. The metallic object looked far fiercer than its predecessor.

"Astonishing... This boy in green managed to round up all of you into his little scheme." The Maestro taunted. He slowly deployed is sabers, and the swordsman teacher backed away slightly, a flashback sending a chill down his spine.

"Let's finish this." Link stated, a cold tone lining his voice. His "hero mode" was in full effect now. He rose the Gilded Sword, and then the Battle of Ikana Canyon began.

The four guards were up first, throwing their spears right at the first few Garo foot soldiers. The robed spies went down soon enough, vanishing in green flame as usual. Romani retreated to the back of the group and used her bow to keep the coming spies at bay. The little ranch girl was even using a new technique of firing three arrows at once. She was a little clumsy with her shots, but she was getting used to it.

Link charged in front of the guards, providing himself as a human shield to allow Captain Viscen to swing his sword at the Garo, taking them down. The captain's cohorts cheered for the two.