Blinded by Desire

Chapter 4! Like when I first posted this back on the other site, I didn't have much to say. Enjoy!
-Jooostan

The Fierce God Given Life
Chapter 4: Blinded by Desire

Link was heading through the bizarre effigy of the Snowhead Temple. Within the moon, Link in his Goron form raced through the course, bouncing on chests until he finally made it to the door. He opened it and was greeted by the Moon Child wearing the remains of Goht on their head.

After gifting them the masks they desired, Link prepared to head back to that mysterious field, but he was again stopped by the peculiar child.

"Um... Can I ask... a question?" They said plainly, Tatl still spooked by their lack of emotion while talking.

Link nodded, and the Moon Child continued. "You... What makes you... happy?"

The young man was taken aback by the question.

"I wonder... What makes you happy... Does it make... others happy too?"

And with that, Link was sent back to the field again. This time, he just stood in the clearing, thinking about what the Moon Child said. He pondered on what truly makes him happy. When he finally snapped out of his prolonged thought, he concluded that it was the nature of his quest that made him happy. He then started walking towards the tree, not giving it a second thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link was woken from his sleep with a pillow to the face. He grunted and shot up off the hay he was laying on, in a defensive position. But Romani just giggled.

"Grasshopper! Wake up!" She said in a sing-song voice. It was morning, and Cremia was at the kitchen counter preparing breakfast.

"Morning, sleepyhead! Breakfast is almost ready." Cremia told Link as he rubbed his eyes.

"Oh... you didn't have to." Link said, his voice almost a whisper as Romani pulled up a chair for him and sat down at the table on hers just beside it.

"Nonsense! You're our guest! It's the least we can do." Cremia protested with a smile. She was happy to make breakfast for their visitor, but food was already running low for the ranch sisters. She'd need to make another stop in Clock Town after the wedding to pick up supplies.

"Here you go." Cremia plated the food, a blend of eggs, bacon, and the Romani Ranch milk so loved by the patrons of the Milk Bar.

After the trio ate, Cremia headed off to Clock Town for Anju and Kafei's wedding. Although it pained her to see Kafei, the man she used to have a crush on marry her best friend, Cremia didn't want to miss it for the world. She was happy for both of them.

"Bye Sister!" Romani yelled, still waving goodbye to the carriage. When she finally stopped, she was just about to go to Link and ask what he wanted to do that day when she saw he was gone. For a minute she was afraid he had already left, until she spotted the trademark green tunic sitting on the roof of the house.

"Grasshopper!" Romani said as she made it up the ladder to the roof. "What are you doing up here?"

Link didn't respond at first, he was too entranced by the view of the entire ranch from where he was. When he finally did speak up, Romani sat down next to him on the roof. "Just... enjoying this."

Link gestured towards the distance, and Romani's face was gleamed with confusion.

"It just looks nice." Link noticed the puzzled look on his redheaded friend and did his best to explain.

"Well, Romani wants to do something! Together!" Romani said, taking Links hand and leading him back to the ladder.

For the next few hours, Link and Romani simply hung out, doing whatever they wanted. Throwing horseshoes, practicing with their bows, playing tag with Romani's pup. Link did consider going to the wedding, but he figured he would just be a bother. After all, he was 12, and the rest of the people there were adults.