29. lies and betrayal

Începe de la început

"How is he doing?" Melody asks, worried that she ruined everything.

"He told me that he wants to apologize and that if you're ready to talk to him. He'll be there."

She nods and they hear the front door open and footsteps coming upstairs.

"My beautiful babies." Lena says and the girls chuckle.

She takes off her high heels and jacket, snuggling up between her daughters.

"How are you feeling, sweetie?" Lena asks, looking at the youngest Marshall.

"Better" she replies.

"Anything new?" Hayley asks, looking at her mother.

"Well the Mikaelsons are handling the situation differently, I would say and I also called Marcel."

"What did he say? Is he angry at me?" Melody asks, not wanting him to be mad at her.

"No he isn't, he understands why you said it and by the way Elena is dead" Lena responds bluntly.

"Wait what?!?" The Marshall twins ask in unison and simultaneously sit up, looking at their mother with wide eyes.

"Well not dead dead, she's dead-ish, she's in transition to a vampire"

"Wow" they say, "anything else?"

"Yeah, there was an explosion at a Farm with 12 dead people" she replies.

They still look at her wide-eyed.

"Do you want to maybe tell us that they're is going to be a crazy hunter and an evil organization hunting us?" Melody asks, jokingly.

"Don't be ridiculous, sweetie" Lena responds and hugs her daughters.

Lena's phone buzzes and she looks at the message.

Elijah
You need to come to the mansion, alongside your daughters.
It's urgent.

"Is something wrong?" Hayley asks, reading the message.

"I don't know but it is better if we go" she responds and they stand up, going to the mansion.

 *.°○'—》|☆★☆|《—'○°.*

Mikaelson Mansion

"We're here Elijah, what's so urgent that we needed to come?" Lena asks as soon as she enters the mansion.

"Follow me please." Elijah responds and leads the Marshall women to the living room.

There they see Carol the mayor and her son Tyler, his shirt bloodstained.

"What happened?" Melody asks, her eyes unconsciously meeting her soulmate's.

"We were at home when a man, named Connor came to me asking questions about the explosion where 12 people died." Carol starts.

"But these weren't just any people, as it seems they were the council." Klaus adds, being happy that his soulmate is in the same room as him, his wolf desires to be close to her.

"You are right, than Tyler came and he offered his hand and when he touched Connor's hand-"

"My hand itched, I know it was vervain and he saw that something was wrong, so he shot me with wooden bullets." Tyler says, pointing at his shirt.

"How did you survive?" Hayley asks.

"Caroline was there and she helped me, she vamp-speeded us away to the Salvatore's."