chapter one hundred and fifteen

Începe de la început

"Um, okay."

"Good. Is there anything you need?" Chenle asks. "Any food you want? Any thing you want?"

"Well, I'm probably gonna need new shoes in about a month but I can wait."

"You don't have to. Wanna go now?"

"Oh, um, sure? You really don't have to get them now. I can even buy them myself-"

"Nina", Chenle says, sternly. "You are not buying anything you need. Shoes are a need item, okay? So are clothes, hygiene products, school supplies, you get the idea. Oh, do you have, like, hair stuff?"

"Um, not really. I just have some scrunchies", she responds quietly.

"Okay, we'll get that too. How about clothes?"

"Isn't this too much? You really don't need to do all this."

"Maybe not at once but every parent or guardian should make sure you have everything you need. I can do it right now, which is why I'm asking. If you'd like to wait for any of this, you can but you don't have to."

"Oh okay. Thank you."

"I don't know if I wanna be thanked for this or not."

Nina pauses and then says, "Well let me know then."

What?

"It doesn't matter for now."

"Thank you then."

"You're welcome. Go get ready."

"What's the time limit?"

I swear to God I will fight-

"You don't have one."

"Are you in a rush?"

"No."

Nina nods. "Okay. I'll still be quick."

"Okay", Chenle says quietly, feeling like he should say more but not knowing how.

Like she said, less than five minutes later, Nina is ready and following Chenle out the door. When they get to the car, she stops and waits to see where Chenle is gonna sit. He looks at her strangely but then thinks that maybe she's too uncomfortable to get in first so he just opens the door and gets in. Nina hesitates before sitting in the back, confusing the male even more.

"Um, why are you back there?"

"Am I not supposed to be? I'll move."

"You are but don't people usually like sitting in the front?"

"I...didn't...know...I could", the girl says quietly.

Seriously, what the fuck?

"Well you can. Do you wanna come up here or stay back there? Either one is perfectly okay with me."

"It won't be a bother if I move?"

Chenle shakes his head and watches Nina move from the backseat to the passenger seat and buckle up. He notices her take a deep breath and grows concerned. "Are you okay?"

She nods. "Yeah."

"You sure?"

"It's still different. Even being in cars."

"I see that." Chenle begins backing out. "What usually happens?"

"Well, different things. One family had me drive all the time. That's why I waited to see if you wanted me to. A different family told me I wasn't allowed to sit in the front seat, even if we were the only ones in the car. Oh, speaking of, am I allowed to touch the radio or would you rather I not?"