Chapter 18: The Royal Pain

Vilkas p.o.v
(>O-o)> ^(0.0)^<(O-o<)

I walked away from her. How can she not care about her father? He is on his death bed and all of a sudden she wants to go against his wishes? It's that monster. She must be persuading Susan to behave this way. She was so innocent and naive. Book smart she is, but now she is developing street smarts.

We don't need her to behave this way. The festival continued after our little mishap. I walked into the castle and through the decorated halls. I walk with disgust. I understand the king let his daughter decorate the place, but this isn't my style. Everybody loves it. 'It's magnificent' they say. 'A true work of art' they told her. As soon as I become king I will change everything.

The castle, the kingdom, my wife. They shall all be under my rule. With an iron fist I shall rule and they will all obey. I walk up to a large spruce wood door with a golden fleur de Lis on it and a diamond doorknob. I take a deep breath and straighten my tux. I knock on the door.

"Sir? It is I Vilkas requesting entry," I ask humbly.

"You may enter," said the King. I walk into his room. The lights were off as he laid in his king size bed. His right eye was glowing purple and his skin was turning black.

"Sir, your ender is getting worse," I say.

"I know Vilkas. Is the marriage still going according to plan? I worry about my daughter. She is very intelligent, but the world doesn't treat kindly to those of her nature. Especially her curiosity. By Notch that girl is a curious one," he said.

"Yes she is my lord, but we have a problem," I say. I walk closer to the king.

He was bone thin and his time was valuable to him. His white hairs draped around his wrinkled face. His eyes were sunken and his face was frail. His left eye was milky from his battle scar across his face. His right eye was a Ender purple and from it black tendrils stretched across his face and his veins were as black as night.

"What is is my son?" He asked.

"Your daughter isn't giving to me willingly. She decides that she doesn't want to marry me," I say.

"Preposterous! Where could she come up with that idea?" He yelled. He coughed black liquid from too much activity. I lay him back.

"It seems she has found another," I say.

"My daughter has found a man? Well then I'm sorry to say Vilkas, but she shall marry him," he said. I couldn't believe he was just going to give up my throne to another stranger he has yet to meet.

"Sir it's no man," I say.

"Don't speak ill of my daughter," he says.

"Your daughter has fallen in love with a woman and Susan has brought her to become a challenger for the throne," I say.

"Well this can only happen if the king is present. I shall be present for my daughter. No matter what. Vilkas order the men to start a royal contest in a week," he said.

"Sir you're going to allow this?" I say in disgust.

"Vilkas I am getting too old and weak to rule this kingdom and my daughter has been ruling since she was 15. She can handle herself, but her lover must prove their self," he said.

I was furious. He of all people despised same sex love. He even went to the length of calling it an abomination to Notch.

"Sir this is an outrage. Shall the Aldric name come to an end?" I yell.

"I shall have none of this Vilkas. Now either you accept the challenge or my daughter shall marry her love," he yelled. The black tendrils reached farther the angrier he got.

"Yes sir," I said. I lowered my voice and walked out the room.

"This shall be the last time you cross me. Your daughter shall be mine and I shall rule this kingdom. Say goodbye to your little monster princess," I mumble.

"Pardon sir Vilkas?" Asked a guard. Had I been talking out loud.

"Eh nothing. Return to your post," I said. He stood there and guarded the door. Good job to you.

I walked towards the princess' room and stood on her balcony. The sun was shining and the festival was wonderful. All of a sudden there was a bright column of light and a humming sound that eventually died out. The monster's friends burst out the kingdom and ran into the woods. What was going on?