11

Taehyung did not see him soon.

He thought he wanted to know what he needed to do but it was so clear now- he didn't. Because now he had to actually do it.

Jimin had stopped calling.

If it weren't for little daily updates from Jungkook he'd think he'd somehow moved on entirely. But the cheerful message came around the same time everyday.

Have you spoken to him yet??

No. Of course he hadn't.

Today it was a little different. Some chit chat about the weather and sleep and food. Jungkook hadn't asked the dreaded question yet but he knew it was coming. He stalled, asking instead what he was planning to eat, keeping the conversation flowing as long as possible before it ground down to an inevitable halt.

All wss as usual, the pleasant conversations Taehyung had been given the privilege of pursuing since grovelling to Yoongi.

But what he didn't expect was a pause, a photo. The familiar tile backsplash between pristine white cabinets, Jungkook's ruffled hair peeking out the corner of the picture, barely noticeable to the focus- Jimin's back turned away to face the stove, entranced as he prepared a meal for them both.

'He's surprising me with something' A message quickly followed.

Taehyung's chest ached but he was enraptured by the simple picture and couldn't bring himself to look away. He could practically see his movements, hear the melodic hum of his voice. What wouldn't he give for Jimin to pull him close and whisper those sweet words in his ear?

It was hours later when he found himself opening up their chat again, scrolling up until he could stare at the picture, unable to cope with the shame of saving it to his camera roll in the moment. He made himself work for the image, fight the guilt that lodged in his chest as he searched for it once again. Making something that should already be his so unnecessarily complicated because he didn't deserve the quick fix.

He wasn't sure just how long he stared at the picture, inspecting it all sorts of stupid details that definitely didn't matter.

Once he'd looked at every crease in Jimin's clothing, each loose spoon strewn across the counter, his eyes became tired of staring.

He gulped and forced himself to close it. The view wasn't his to see as if it mattered when he'd already scanned every inch.

The thought of seeing Jimin again in person loomed over him. There was no way he could be taken seriously, he wouldn't even take himself seriously anymore. But he didn't have the heart to take the rejection once and for all.

Cautiously he flicked around his homescreen, impatiently looking for something that could occupy his mind, sheer willpower stopping him from opening up the chat again.

He found himself on his contacts page. The log of calls in and out, his manager, Hoseok, one from Jungkook. Despite his dread he scrolled down, the pages of missed calls from Jimin glaring back at him. His fingers must have moved on their own accord as he opened his contact, pressed call and held the device to his ear to hear the taunting melody.

They must have moved on there own because there's no way he would have acted so stupidly.

Static. "Hello?"

His tongue dried up in his mouth, heart thumping as he heard nothing but an impatient sigh.

"Taehyung?" He prompted again. "Are you here?"

"I- yes,"

"You called,"

Taehyung squirmed on his sofa, glad Jimin couldn't see him. "Yeah I did..."