51 - no rest for the wicked

"Why are you always EVERYWHERE?" She said, crossing her arms and looking at me suspiciously.

Again she was dressed like she was about to commit a crime, with gloves on her hands and sunglasses, even though it was already dark outside. Who wears sunglasses when it's dark outside? Unless you have a hangover..

"Uhm..because I live here?" I muttered as I stepped further away from her.
Robert, who just came back from the bathroom, stared between us, mouthing 'what' to me.
I just shrugged and sat back down on the couch. She smirked and replied, "Good girl, that's where you belong".

I raised a brow and retorted, "At least I am where I belong, and not somewhere where everyone hates me". She stared back at me and slightly pulled her sunglasses down.
Robert sighed in exasperation, "Why the fuck are you wearing sunglasses inside? Are you too fancy to show your eyes now?"
Even though I hated that Robert sometimes cussed, I was having the time of my life whenever he talked like this to his ex-wife.

She took off her sunglasses, giving Robert a death stare. God, this woman was so annoying - what did I say about us not having peace for at least a day? My annoyance peaked when she called Robert "Robby". He mimicked my expression.
„Who the fuck is Robby?" He looked at me, and I shook my head, avoiding her eyes.

Not because I was scared, but because she was really getting on my nerves.

She corrected herself, "Robert." before starting to yell about how Robert couldn't just let his daughter rot in jail. Robert rolled his eyes and took a sip from his drink.

„You always preach about people learning their lesson, maybe that's her lesson. I don't want to repeat myself again."

The tension was palpable in the room as she asked, "What lesson are you talking about? You're just like your father, sick in the head! Laura has to be there because you want to prove what exactly? Is this about her?" She stared at me, and I could see Robert's expression change.

I knew that this woman was trying to ruin his day and bring him back to his trauma, and I couldn't allow that to happen. With a loud yell, I sprang to my feet
„Shut the fuck up!" She just laughed and crossed her arms, tauntingly asking, "Or what? You're going to attack me? You know I can just push you and you will lose everything you have?"

Despite knowing that I was carrying two children inside of me, I lost control and punched her in the face. Robert quickly intervened and managed to pull me away from her, but not before I kicked her repeatedly with my legs.

He shouted my name as he desperately tried to get me to stop, but I couldn't seem to control my anger. She held her arms in front of her body, trying to protect herself, but when she looked up at me and I saw blood coming from her nose, I couldn't help but throw up all over the floor.

Great, what a great way to prove how strong I was.

Robert pushed the hair out of my face, looking at me concerned. I wiped my mouth, holding my throat. I haven't eaten anything so it was incredibly painful for me, feeling like my throat was on fire. But I really didn't care.
„You're..disgusting..", she stuttered, getting up from the floor and taking a look in the mirror before shrieking, „You broke my fucking nose! You little bitch!" Good.
„Your nose was ruined anyway", I managed to say, still holding onto my throat. Robert got me a glass of water before helping me onto the couch.
„Listen, will you finally leave us alone? I will not help Laura, neither will I help you. Get out of this house right now before I call the cops", He said with a stern voice, glaring at her.

I could feel my heart racing, I had never been this angry before.

Okay, that was a lie, but right now everything felt different.