"I wonder who is it for?" Teruko said, carefully examining the ring.

"Why should we be so curious about it?" Jouno asked, crossing his arms and a frown forming on his face. "So what if it's a ring? It's just some proposal, nothing else. Why should we pry into this person's busine-"

"It's yours, isn't it?" Tachihara blurted out. The brief silence seemed enough as an answer.

"Jouno!! Why didn't you tell me you were gonna propose to someone?!?"

"Well- it's not like it matters!"

"How long did you plan to propose, you bastard!"

"…Around 3 months ago?" Jouno replied, his voice filled with uncertainty.

"That long?" Tachihara piped in. Jouno sighed before pinching the bridge of his nose. "I still failed to understand how is that any of you guys' business"

"Of course it's our business! We can help you with it!" Teruko's eyes gleamed. Jouno thought about the consequences that will arrive if he allowed them to help.

"No."

"What?"

"I said, no." He kept his voice cold and firm.

"Why not?"

"One of you idiots is bound to ruin everything for me, so no."

"Uh- excuse me?!"

"You're excused!" Jouno got up and snatched the box away from her hands before walking away to try to keep it in a safe place.

◇◆◇◆◇

He did not understand how did it comes to this.

Him on one knee, 'proposing' to his 'lover' which Tachihara was in place of, Teruko standing aside and watching him carefully.

He let out an awkward cough to ease the tension between him and the redhead, who was trying so hard to not laugh.

"Uh- Tachihara-" he managed to blurt out.

Just by the mention of his name made him burst into laughter. Jouno sighed heavily before getting up.

"Jouno! You have to practice!"

"First of all, Tachihara is clearly unfit for this role! Look at him, laughing! Second of all, I will not practice my own proposal!" Jouno yelled back.

He shut his mouth up when he heard someone's familiar heartbeat entering the room.

"What's going on? I can hear you guys from outside," Suehiro asked, confused. Jouno let out an awkward, forced laugh. "Nothing, Tecchou, it's nothing. Now, why don't you go and do your training or something?"

"I have finished my training"

Well shit, that wasn't the answer Jouno was hoping for.

Tachihara had a thought and quickly dragged Tecchou in front of Jouno. "This is perfect! We all know that Tecchou wouldn't laugh at these kind of stuff and you can practice, Jouno!"

"What stuff?" Suehiro asked, getting more confused. Here he was, wondering why his colleagues were being extremely loud, and is now being dragged to help with something he has no idea about.

Jouno took a deep breath, getting down on one knee again. Suehiro blinked at him before squatting down as well, ready to help Jouno back up. He didn't know what was happening, but he assumed that Jouno must be injured or something to just get down like that.