RanPoe

A long ago idea by @yourfavsadistwriter! Again, I added another twist to it. You'll find the idea in the Ideas section in the HiguGin oneshot
Anyways-

Love is supposedly beautiful. It was like it itself has put on a sunglasses on you and you would see you and your lover in the pink perfect world, just made especially for you and your lover. But it's also suffocating as you watch your crush falling in love with someone else. The feeling to just smile and not show your sadness when they are talking about their own lovers excitedly.

Poe felt that way about his "rival". Ranpo would go over to his place and will tell him all about his lover, Yosano, while munching on snacks and sweets. The tall man has never felt like he was falling down into a deep pit that doesn't has an end. He has never felt so jealous about another person except Ranpo's intelligence.

The words from his fountain pen will come out like a stream on his manuscript, creating a story where he and his rival are dating. He would complete it, store it away and occasionally take it out to read whenever he felt down. It has taken him a few months to realize that he has feelings for his rival and nothing could ever stop those suffocating feelings.

Karl will normally try to make Ranpo stay longer, but the detective wouldn't notice it and would go away, leaving the other and his emotional support pet in the darkness of the room. Poe has never felt so suffocated before.

One day, Poe finally got up and began packing up his stuff. He had made up his mind. He will pack up this house, lock it and go back to America. He's not going to sell the house, he just wants to be away from Japan for a while.

He paused in his packing up before taking a medium sized cardboard box and placed one of his novels about how he and Ranpo are together then emptied all of Ranpo's sweets and snacks in it before sealing it and pasted the envelope he had written on the box. His raccoon held on to his shoulder as Poe locked up the house and quickly headed to the post office. After a few stutters, he managed to get the message through the post man and ran off to the airport.

Why should he stay behind? There's nothing for him anymore. It's just an empty void now for him. The only source of brightness was taken away from him.

△▽△▽△

At the agency, Ranpo was still lazing on his desk before Atsushi came in, carrying a cardboard box.

"Hey Ranpo-san! These are addressed to you!"

Ranpo got off and went to examine the parcel before picking up the slightly crumpled white envelope and rip it open to see a note inside. He pulled it out and began reading, recognizing the familiar writing.

Dear Edogawa Ranpo:

I am writing this letter to inform you about something I have to confess. I have had gained feelings for you a few months ago, but I couldn't confess since I was afraid and nervous. Then you came over to tell me that you were already dating a colleague from your work and I swore I could have felt my heart shattering.

Do not think I hate you for that. I am very happy for you and your lover, and hope that the both of you will have a happy life. I wish for the both of you to enjoy the life of being together.

There is another thing I have to inform you about. I am leaving Japan to go to America today and I probably won't see you again. I might come back to Japan occasionally, but I'm going to stay in America starting from now.

Take care, Ranpo. I love you.

Sincerely yours,
Edgar Allan Poe

△▽△▽△

Ranpo ran in the airport, panting as he looked around, trying to find Poe. He had never liked Yosano. The only reason why they were 'dating' was because Yosano wanted to see Kouyou's reaction to it and Ranpo agreed to 'date' her to have some fun. Now he realized he had managed to lose the love of his life in the process of doing so.

He rushed up to a clerk after a few minutes of searching.

"Excuse me, but do you know where's the plane to America?"

"It's starting to take off now. Do you wish to reschedule your tri-?"

Ranpo left her alone. He ran towards the window and looked out of it. Sure enough, a plane was already in the air, on its way to America. He watched the plane starting to disappear before finally walking out.

△▽△▽△

As he went back on his way to the agency, suddenly a few raindrops fell on to him and he realized it was starting to rain. He didn't bother trying to rush for cover. Instead, he let the tears seep out from his closed eyes as he continues to walk on.

He suddenly remembered a few words he had heard from the brunette before...what was it again? Ah right, Right person, Wrong time.

Love is also complicated. It can make you doubt yourself, but also make you feel certain that you love this person. You'll sacrifice yourself if you have to just to bring happiness to this person. Love is merely an emotion that no one could control. An emotion that will stick in your throat and chokes you.

Sometimes you'll think you found the person, but then it isn't the person. Sometimes it's best to finally let go off the person. It hurts but you'll have to move on. Easier said than done, but you still have to. Move on from your feelings, and emotions about that person. Most of the time, the best way to get over the person is to accept the fact that there'll never be a single chance for you to grab their attention just for yourself. It's best to let go, instead of holding on and making you suffer even more.

Ideas:

A/N: Fun Fact: I completed this one shot in 4:05 am :>