TaniHara

In the Introduction, a user have requested for this one shot. Since the user seemed to have gone already, I'm not able to tag them. If you're the one who requested this, I hope it meets up to your expectations :)

"Whew! Another successful mission!" The redhead cheered. The girl beside him rolled her eyes before wandering off. The others also went off to do their own jobs. Soon, only two people stood there.

"Tachihara, please lower your voice" the elderly man said calmly. The said one grinned sheepishly. "Sorry, gramps" he replied. Hirotsu gave him a small smile before walking off, leaving him alone.

Tachihara hummed as he entered another room to find paper and pencils being left out. Did Elise forgot to put them away again? He wondered. He stared at the items, remembering how he used to draw a lot as a child. He would have numerous notebooks filled with his drawings. He also stayed to himself at his school to draw. His older brother would have always bought him a notebook with a new pencil every now and then as a treat.

That is, before that war happened and took away his older brother…

Tachihara shook his head violently. He doesn't want to remember what has happened after his parents received the news of the other's death. Since then, he had stopped drawing. New notebooks that were given to him were left in their pristine condition. His old notebooks was thrown out by him. He couldn't keep any around as it reminded him of his older brother.

He fingered the paper hesitantly. It has been a rather long time since he stopped drawing. He remembered the days where his older brother took him out to choose his own notebooks. His older brother would have been stunned to find out that Tachihara has completely stopped drawing.

He picked up a pencil. He hesitated for a few seconds before drawing his first stroke. He knew that he shouldn't have to give up drawing just because his elder brother isn't here. Besides, wouldn't his older brother tell him to continue doing what he loved if he was here?

Soon, the sheets of paper that were left out began to decrease. The redhead soon find out that he had ran out of paper and got up to get some. However, he had a very childish thought that was telling him to draw on the table. He considered the thought first before sitting back down. After all, he could always erase the drawings so that no one would see them.

He softly hummed a song as he continue drawing. Soon, the table pretty much ran out of space. He glanced at the walls before looking at the time. 1:01 pm. Well, that should be enough time to risk doing a few more drawings on the walls and rubbing all of them out.

Just as he nearly finished a drawing on the wall, the door was opened with a loud bang, startling him. He turned around to see his mafia colleagues…and his lover???

Hirotsu noticed the drawings on the table and the wall though. He let out a small cough, which immediately reminded the redhead about it.

Tachihara grabbed an eraser in a panic and began rubbing out the drawing, frantically apologizing. He then noticed his boss and Elise standing a part of the crowd. His face turned red, embarrassed to have them seeing him act so childish and ashamed to do such a childish thing.

Tanizaki went near, quietly examining the drawings on the table. "You're really talented at drawing" He commented. The other looked at the ginger for a few seconds. "You think so?" He finally asked in a small voice. The detective nodded, standing up straight and smiling at him. "I know so"

Tachihara gave a small smile to him. He was slightly afraid that his lover might laugh about him drawing, insult him, maybe even break up with him for his childishness, but Tanizaki simply complimented him while looking at the drawings.

Then he finally realized that his lover, who is supposed to be in the agency, is in the Port Mafia. Which then led to him remembering his colleagues and his boss were looking at them. He felt his blood rushing to his cheeks in embarrassment.

Elise then barged in through the crowd rudely and went in the room, looking at the drawings as well. The redhead stiffened when he saw her staring at the sheets of paper filled with drawings, remembering that it was hers in the first place. At least he could do is apologize. "Elise?" Before he could put out his apology, the child interrupted him with a question.

"Tachihara, can you draw with me?"

Huh?

"…Me?" He pointed to himself. The child rolled her eyes before replying, "Who else is called Tachihara?" Without waiting for an answer, she tugged on his sleeve impatiently. The redhead looked up at his boss for permission, to which he granted by silently nodding.

"So I'll be taking my leave then," he heard his lover's voice behind him.

He had forgotten Tanizaki was here in the first place.

Just as Tanizaki was about to exit the room, the redhead finally found his voice. "Tanizaki, wait!"

The said one paused before turning around and looking at him. "Hm?"

"Uhm…can you, like, stay here for a while?" Tachihara felt his cheeks turning red for the third time in the same day when he saw his colleagues looking at the both of them. He kept his gaze on Tanizaki, who blinked a few times before pulling out his phone. "I'll have to ask Kunikida first"

The redhead waited as the ginger texted his blond colleague and waited for an answer. Which didn't take a very long time as Kunikida always kept his notifications on in case he is desperately needed for a mission.

"He said it's alright as long as I return to the agency at 5:30 pm because we're having a meeting on that time," Tanizaki replied, turning his phone off and keeping it in his pocket. Tachihara smiled at him and finally followed Elise who had been impatiently tugging at his sleeve for a while. Tanizaki followed shortly behind, bowing several times to the mafiosos as an apology.

Elise brought them to the boss' room, which made Tanizaki and Tachihara hesitate to enter because, well, it's the boss of the Port Mafia's room. However, Mori simply nodded at them whilst Elise dragged Tachihara inside.

Then he stood, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck as the child demanded Mori for more sheets of paper. Still, the boss happily obliged for his 'dear Elise-chan', which creeped Tanizaki out a little since his attitude was…strange.

Tanizaki quietly watched Tachihara guiding Elise through the world of drawing, smiling softly. They stayed like that for a long time in a peaceful atmosphere, Tachihara helping Elise with Tanizaki smiling at them.

Tachihara was happy. His lover was with him and he was drawing again, not to mention helping someone in drawing too. It reminded him of his older brother teaching him in a calm voice, never getting angry if he messed something up.

He couldn't have wished for more.

Ideas: