Suegiku

Requested by Kira_follow! I hope it is up to your expectations :)

"You're not dead right?"

A male used his foot to gently poke at another male's side. The male whom he had poke let out a groan before rolling himself over. "No. Feels like it though" he replied weakly as he grabbed the other's outstretched palm and heaved himself up.

The Hunting Dogs had received a mission. Surprisingly, Fukuchi stayed with them instead of going off to wherever like he did before, but Jouno knew that the only reason he stayed is to probably just finish the last they had left for him and get all the praise while they lingered in his shadows, their efforts less praised to the public.

How pathetic. But what does it matter? After all, that's the way the system works. The ones given a title can do the small final touches to the rest that completes the whole thing and get recognition, while the ones that are 'normal' doesn't get a look in. Even if it took all of their effort to do the parts of the entire thing, they will rarely get a single recognition.

Yet again, what does it matter?

Suehiro pulled out his sword and used it on the opponents, taking them by surprise by using his ability to increse the length of his sword and bending it. Jouno barely had enough time to get on his feet when he got hit by an ability.

"Jouno?! Are you alright?!" He heard the other's voice. It sounded distant, yet he knew that the brunette was standing quite near. He took a few steps forward before feeling as if he was falling into a deep void.

Falling and falling and falling...

Until he landed on a flat surface with a sickening crunch.

△▽△▽△

He woke up to the birds chirping and the light shining through the parted curtains. Was he dreaming it all along? He sat up in bed, looking at the pool of light lingering on his white blanket.

Suddenly, a huge, pounding headache arrived. He let out a groan as he rested his palm on his forehead, slightly massaging it to see if it will slowly fade away.

Then his realization hits him. He could actually see the light shining in. The pool of light on the blanket. The color of the blanket. He looked around, taking in the views he wasn't able to have before.

How was it possible that he could see again? Then he remembered he was hit by an ability. Was the ability the reason why he could have the experience of seeing again?

Then someone suddenly came in, banging the door open violently and startling the other. "Jouno! Are you alright?"

The said one was ready to start his usual lecture about opening the door quietly instead of straight out banging the door when he got distracted by the other's face. The other stood at the doorway, noticing a small difference. His lover's eyelids were wide open, revealing blue eyes that would have been bright if it didn't look strangely clouded.

Not so strange since Jouno was blind though.

Jouno stared hard at his lover's face, blinking several times to make sure that it wasn't his hallucination or something. Holy shit, he's hot was the first thing to come into his mind. Then he noticed a concerned look on the other's face and realized that he hasn't answered the brunette's question yet.

"Yes, I'm fine"

"That's good to know"

They stayed silent for a while. Suehiro lightly tapped his fingers on the doorframe, wondering on what to say. Every words that formed into sentences in his mind are too...well, blunt, awkward, and straightforward. Whilst he wondered about this, an irritation began growing in Jouno as the tapping of the fingers continue on.