14. Ethan

"If none of you have any plans, I was thinking you could come out to dinner with me and my family Friday to celebrate your graduation," Noah said making us look down at him.

"Sorry," I apologized and they looked at me with raised brows. They reminded me of how they had looked at when I told them that I wouldn't be able to go with them to the Little Mix concert back in May. "I have to train as I'll be flying to Vegas next month for a fight."

"And when did you plan on telling us?" Sam asked with her hands on her hips and a glare on her face and I sighed.

"I'm telling you now, I got a call from my trainer last night. He said that Hans Maverick wants a rematch." I replied as I emptied out my locker.

"Wait," Liam said as he stopped in his tracks making us look at him, "isn't he the same dude that you pummeled two years ago when you caught Julia cheating on you the night of your fight?"

"Same one," I replied and he laughed shaking his head, "dude can't get over losing."

"Does he think he'll win this time around?" Sam asked as we resumed our task of emptying our lockers. It felt strange that the school year was over. It feels unreal. I literally just stared attending school 4 months ago and now it's end.

"Hans is a bitch," Levi said and we laughed at his choice of wording but he was right. Dude couldn't get over getting his ass getting handed to him two years ago and thinks he can beat me this time.

"When is the fight?" Mac asked curious.

"Just 14th, a month from now. I have to start training again and do interviews about me returning from my short lived retirement." I chuckled as I closed my locker for the last time as did the others. "It's insane to think that this school year is over."

"It's going to be weird not seeing most of you next year," Noah said as we walked towards the exit of the school as school was finally over. Noah were the only ones that still one more year of high school before they graduated and headed off to college.

"I know;" Liam said, "but we'll make sure to hang out as much as we can before we all go our separate ways and even then, we'll hang out during breaks."

"Exactly," Mac said as she walked over to to her car like the others had done, "we'll make plans to spend time together before we each start classes, during breaks and whenever we get the chance."

"Why do you look like you're in a hurry?" Levi asked me when I tossed my backpack into the backseat as I looked at my friends after receiving a text from my dad.

"My dad texted saying that I need to be home since we'll be flying out to New York for my first interview tomorrow." I replied and they gawked at me and I gave them a small smile.

"You better tell us the time of your interview so we could watch it," Sam said and I nodded. We exchanged hugs as well as them wishing me good luck on my interview and a safe flight before we parted ways.

***

"Ethan?" I looked up when my name was called and saw one do the studio's crew members poking her head into the waiting room, "you're needed in the studio." I nodded and stood up from my chair and walked towards the door that she held open. I gave her a small smile as a thanks before following her down the hall towards the interview room.

"Ladies and gentlemen our next guest today is the youngest MMA fighter to win both light and heavy weight championships. He began his career as 16 and despite being the fingers fighter in the world, he has won over 250 fights with 30 losses. He took time finish school and is now ready to make a comeback, give it up for Ethan Gonzalez!" The host screamed and the entire building practically shook with how loud the audience were as I walked onto the stage.

"Thank you for having me," I said after we exchanged handshakes.

"It's always a pleasure having you on, man," the host, Adam Lewis, said as we sat down on our chairs. The interview began with mild questions such as how school had been before it got to the fight at hand. From past experiences of doing interviews, I've come to the realization that almost all, if not a few, would ask the same question. Are you looking forward to your match? What do you think your fight will go? What are your expectations on the fight? And so on and so forth and if I'm being honest, it's boring to have to repeatedly answer them over and over again.

"How would you react if the win went to your opponent?" He asked and I raised a brow before chuckling.

"I fought Maverick two years ago," I said as I sat back on my chair, "and despite the rumors going around, I still beat him. He doesn't know how to accept defeat."

"But say if he wins, then what?" He prompted and I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Then that means he's trained but we'll see just how good of a fighter he became since the last we saw each other." I stated and he nodded before asking a few more questions as then the interview ended.

"Thank you again for agreeing to do that interview," Adam said as we walked out of the stage once the segment ended and I nodded, "I knew you're probably tired of being asked the same questions every time."

"You've have now idea." I chuckled and he nodded giving me a small smile.

"Good luck on your fight, Ethan," he stated and I nodded again, "you'll do great."

"Thanks man," I replied as we shook hands before going our separate ways.

Was I really making the right choice in returning to the ring again?