Part 14

Graser's POV

     Suffocated- my face was surrounded by couch. Why am I on the couch?  Why does my face hurt? Why I am all wrapped up, like I've been cared for? My eyes were open, but I hadn't yet had my mind tell my muscles to move. I wanted dearly to shut my eyelids and surrender to whatever good warmth that had enveloped me, but this was foreign. I squeezed my eyes shut, and turned my shoulders so I was no longer smothered by pillows- until I heard someone, something, take a sharp intake of breath. Sucking air, and my rare attention, into their body. My eyes shot open, and the room was blurred. I was in a state of confusion. Someone was here with me.

"Hey, Graser." Now it was my turn to inhale, sharply. I sat up, trying my hardest not to think about whatever pain my body was in. I found myself side by side to someone who was sitting at the arm of the couch. It was hard to keep my body still, and I let myself shake. I'm terrified. I don't want anyone here with me. I don't- I can't I cant, I- He, the person, grabbed my chin and jaw gently between his fingers, and pulled it towards his own face, forcing me to look him in the eyes. I was pierced, hooked, by an icy pigment of blue. Hbomb, H. My god, he is toxic.

I was crushed under his gaze, and I fumbled it. I lost it. Quickly, harshly, I turned my face back to the ground, and choked back tears. His hard looks of concern, and need, I could only imagine what he saw in my eyes. The feeling is overwhelming. I let my face become hot and dripped with water. Troubled, shaken sobs escaped from my body and I put my head into my hands, hoping to catch them. I think Liam caught them first. He acted fast, too fast for me to react. His arms draped around my shoulders, hands clasped over my chest. I stiffened. He layed me back down, still holding my body. I watched the ceiling carefully- He's, why is he- is this okay?

This is okay.

Cautiously, I let myself become comfortable. I've surrendered to my drug. In that moment, I didn't mind.

"Hi, H." I whispered, and felt him smile into my neck.