➠ 44 - CHRISTIAN

✧

EPILOGUE

[Takes place 9-10 years after "Our Contract"

[Takes place 9-10 years after "Our Contract". Take this chapter as a "Kaine Family Christmas Bonus" that takes place after "Our Confessions". Please skip to avoid spoilers. Thank you!]

If someone would've told me 10 1/2 years ago that the Kaine family would be so big and our once quiet house would be a chaotic mess, I simply wouldn't believe it.

If someone would've even insinuated that I'd be living happily with someone I love with every white and red blood cell in my body, I would've just laughed and walked away.

Now someone would have told me either of those things, I probably say that the idea alone sounded stupid and unrealistic.

I feel like if I basically put my mind into a very dark place all those years ago. I refused to let myself even think of a possibility of me having a happy life since I saw my dad without one of his own.

Now seeing him with his wife and his four-year-old daughter I can't help but to feel content. Even if the subject of his life was a matter of his own doing.

I can't help but to force myself to snap out if my thoughts just to take a moment to observe my family.

Even saying the words "my family" alone makes my heartbeat run fast.

Eighteen-year-old me wouldn't ever have imagined this. Sometimes it still feels unreal.

"Christian!" I hear a light voice all out to me. Said voice is then followed by a mob of tiny little minions running towards me. "Help!" The little voice calls out again.

In a second I'm picking my baby sister Valerie up into my arms.

"What happened?" I ask her as I scan her little body for anywhere that she may be hurt.

"I dropped my favorite Purple bow that Violet gave me, and I asked King to help me. Well, he didn't find it, Lance did. Then Eli took it from Lance and ripped it!" She dramatically sighs and snuggles her head into my shoulder.